Sharon Anglin, RVT, LATg
Center for Companion Animal Health
Management Services Officer
Responsibilities at the Center for Companion Animal Health (CCAH):
- Finance, Facilities and Programs of the CCAH
- Finance and Facility project management: New building projects and renovations
- Program and Finances: International exchange (Koret Israel), international scientific conferences, local and national event management, School-wide granting programs, internal research programs, seed fund programs
Hobbies and Interests:
- Painting with oil and watercolor
- Fishing and outdoors near water – ocean, bays, lakes and rivers (any and all!)
- Sports – volleyball, basketball, football
- Family - Husband Brett and three adult children – Brad, Rachael and Keri and come from a large family in Nebraska.
Work Experience Highlights:
- 1991-Present CCAH Management Services Officer - Responsible for Program, Finance and Facility Administration
- 2013-Present Management of CCAH under the direction of Dr. Michael S. Kent
- 1991-2013 Management of CCAH under the direction of Dr. Niels C. Pedersen
- 2004 & 2008 Expanded facilities and programs for CCAH (facilities currently at 46,000 sq ft/3 areas). Onsite project manager/liaison for Hemodialysis and Blood Purification Unit, VMII renovation.
- 1991 - Merged two programs to form the CCAH. CCC combined with the Companion Animal Laboratory (expanded facilities to 10,000 sq. ft); renovated main lab 273 VMII
- 1989 AALAS certified LATg and cross trained in the laboratories of Drs. Theilen and Niels Pedersen
- 1987-1991 Research Manager and Animal Health Technician, Comparative Cancer Center (CCC) under Dr. Gordon Theilen (facilities of 6,000 sq ft in VMII).
- 1987-1989 Trained in research techniques and procedures in the laboratories of Drs. Theilen and Niels Pedersen (infectious diseases, virology, oncology)
- 1986-1987 worked as an RVT in the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Small Animal Clinic (Surgery, ICU and Nursing)
- 1981-1985 Established and administered a non-profit veterinary organization and organized annual scientific meetings.
- 1981-1984 Laboratory Assistant, pulmonary physiology group of Dr. Jerry Gillespie at UC Davis.
- 1979 Registered Animal Health Technician (now RVT); worked in private veterinary practices in Sacramento, CA and Oroville, CA