Don Low Fellowship
The Donald G. Low-CVMA Practitioner Fellowship, a joint activity between the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, is designed to meet practitioner needs not available within residencies or other current programs.
Application deadline is May 16, 2014 (for the 2014-15 academic year)
To download an application click here (doc)
- All applications must be typed!!!
- Applications should be mailed to Janet Harlan, William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
- A committee with representatives from the CVMA and the UC Davis faculty will review applications and select finalists at a meeting in June 2014.
- Finalists will then be paired with a faculty mentor in their area of interest to refine a proposal describing what they hope to achieve during their fellowship. This step is critical so both you and the faculty know what your goals are, and we know those goals can be met within the fellowship experience.
- Final selection will take place in August 2014.
The following services have sufficient caseloads and faculty resources to sustain a fellow this year:
|Anatomic Pathology||Microbiology & Parasitology|
|Behavior - Description (pdf)||Nutrition - Description (pdf)|
|Equine Integrative Sports Medicine - Description (pdf)||Shelter Medicine - Description (pdf)|
|Laboratory Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)||Small Animal Abdominal Ultrasound|
Livestock Medicine & Surgery
|Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care|
Small Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)
|Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery - Description (pdf)|
Must be submitted 'typed' — Handwritten applications will not be considered.
The completed application form may be submitted as an e-mail attachment or may be Faxed, or sent by U.S. Mail.
Application must be received by the May 16, 2014, deadline.
If you have questions or wish to request a copy of the application form by phone or e-mail, please contact Jan Harlan, (530) 752-9963, email@example.com, VMTH Director's Office.