Don Low Fellowship
The Donald G. Low-CVMA Practitioner Fellowship, a joint activity between the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, is designed to meet practitioner needs not available within residencies or other current programs.
- Application deadline is May 10, 2013 (for the 2013-14 academic year)
- All applications must be typed!!!
- Applications should be mailed to Janet Harlan, William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
- A committee with representatives from the CVMA and the UC Davis faculty will review applications and select finalists at a meeting in June 2013.
- Finalists will then be paired with a faculty mentor in their area of interest to refine a proposal describing what they hope to achieve during their fellowship. This step is critical so both you and the faculty know what your goals are, and we know those goals can be met within the fellowship experience.
- Final selection will take place in August 2013.
The following services have sufficient caseloads and faculty resources to sustain a fellow this year:
|Anatomic Pathology||Microbiology & Parasitology|
|Behavior||Nutrition - Description (pdf)|
|Companion Avian & Exotic Pet Medicine (CAPE)||Shelter Medicine - Description (pdf)|
|Small Animal Abdominal Ultrasound||Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care|
|Small Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)|
|Laboratory Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)||
Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery - Description (pdf)
|Livestock Medicine & Surgery||Small Animal Orthopedic Surgery - Description (pdf)|
Must be submitted 'typed' — Handwritten applications will not be considered.
The completed application form may be submitted as an e-mail attachment or may be Faxed, or sent by U.S. Mail.
Application must be received by the May 10, 2013, deadline.
If you have questions or wish to request a copy of the application form by phone or e-mail, please contact Jan Harlan, (530) 752-9963, firstname.lastname@example.org, VMTH Director's Office.