2012-2013 WAAM Officers
What Do WAAM Officers Do?
- Symposium: reserving rooms, event permits, speakers, CE credit, proceedings, food, finances, wetlab, advertising, etc.
- Run general and officer meetings, oversee other officer positions, club registration, etc.
- Coordinate scholarship fund and recipient selection
- Grant applications for club support
- Organize club social events (+/- faculty)
- Take notes at all meetings
- Maintain club list-serves and photobucket site
- Record keeping for current list of paid members and participation
- (+/-) Produce Newsletter
- Maintains finances and bookkeeping for WAAM account
- Work closely with Presidents, Webmaster, and Fundraisers to determine funding for symposium and club events
AAWV Representative (1)
- WAAM Representative to the American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
AAZV Representative (1)
- WAAM Representative to the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians
Externship Coordinators (1)
Maintain database of wildlife-related contacts for externships/summer research (both on WAAM website and in VIPER database)
Field Trip Coordinators (2)
- Arrange 2-3 field trips per quarter: contact vets, arrange student lists via email, provide directions, attend trip, collect money if relevant, keep record of participants, provide follow-up/thank-you's
- T-shirts: logo contest, orders, selling in classes and at symposium
- Candy grams: organize selling, packaging and distribution
- Food distributions: respond to emails, find assistants, supervise
- Donations for symposium
- Seek and pursue other fundraising opportunities
- Document and photograph all things WAAM
Picnic Day Coordinators (2)
Organize and oversee the WAAM Picnic Day exhibit and volunteers
Rounds Coordinators (2)
- Organize zoo rounds/lectures 1-3 times per quarter
- Solicit suggestions and contact possible lecturers/vets for rounds opportunities
Symposium Assistants (3)
- Assist Presidents with Symposium organization as needed (e.g., hotel reservations, catering, volunteer organization, etc.)
Wetlab Coordinators (3)
- Organize wetlabs (Darting, Wildlife Necropsy, Raptor Handling, Symposium, Other): organize teaching and supplies, obtain specimens, reserve rooms, etc.
- Design and update website
- Manage symposium website and online registration process
- Be Awesome.