The VSO at UC Davis functions to generate and propagate interest in various fields of science, including, but not limited to, veterinary medicine, for audiences of all ages. Our goal is to educate our audiences as well as help participating club members develop communication and organizational skills vital to a successful veterinary career.
- Developed multiple power-point presentations about our veterinary school and careers for public presentations.
- Outreach to elementary classrooms for single or multiple visits, using tools and activities provided either by Animal Ambassadors or created on our own.
- Provided community colleges with a veterinary student panel to speak about personal goals and veterinary-related experiences.
- Facilitated tours of the VMTH to visiting students.
- Participated in career day on campus.
- Facilitated a summer high school science program.
- Continue outreach efforts to K-12 schools and promoting interest in science.
- Put on a fundraising event for travel fund to schools outside the Yolo and
- Develop a presentation for the CVMA.