News and Events
- Eagle Nursed Back to Health, Released
- Condor film Benefits the Raptor Center
- Raptor Center Open House Draws a Crowd
- Peregrines Offer a Great Measure of Species Recovery
- Taking Flight - Return to the Wild
- Chlamydia Psittaci Prevalence in Over-Winter Birds vs. Migratory Birds in California
- West Nile Virus and Burrowing Owls
- Mites Targeting California's Golden Eagles?
- Behind California's Lead Ammo Ban
- The Story of Sullivan
The Raptor Center customarily holds an Open House twice annually, in Spring and Fall. The Spring event is usually on the first Saturday in May and the Fall event on the third Saturday in October. During the Open House many of our education birds will be out on the glove for you to look at up close. The program also generally includes special presentations at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., and our Hawk Walk which starts earlier at the CRC gate at 8:00 a.m. (bring binoculars). Cameras welcome, but no flash please.