Don Low Fellowship
The Donald G. Low-CVMA Practitioner Fellowship, a joint activity between the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, is designed to meet California practitioner needs not available within residencies or other current programs. It is specifically intended for California practitioners.
Application deadline for 2015 is May 1, 2015 (for the 2015-16 academic year)
To download an application click here (pdf)
- All applications must be typed!!!
- Applications should be mailed to Janet Harlan, William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
- A committee with representatives from the CVMA and the UC Davis faculty will review applications and select finalists at a meeting in June 2015.
- Finalists will then be paired with a faculty mentor in their area of interest to refine a proposal describing what they hope to achieve during their fellowship. This step is critical so both you and the faculty know what your goals are, and we know those goals can be met within the fellowship experience.
- Final selection will take place in August 2015.
The following services have sufficient caseloads and faculty resources to sustain a fellow this year:
|Anatomic Pathology||Medical Oncology|
|Anesthesia||Microbiology & Parasitology|
|Behavior - Description (pdf)||Neurology/Neurosurgery|
|Clinical Pathology||Shelter Medicine - Description (pdf)|
|Comparative Theriogenology||Small Animal Abdominal Ultrasound|
Equine Integrative Sports Medicine - Description (pdf)
|Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care|
|Laboratory Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)||
Small Animal Medicine - Description (pdf)
|Livestock Medicine & Surgery||Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery - Description (pdf)|
Must be submitted 'typed' — Handwritten applications will not be considered.
The completed application form may be submitted as an e-mail attachment or may be Faxed, or sent by U.S. Mail.
Application must be received by the (pending), deadline.
If you have questions or wish to request a copy of the application form by phone or e-mail, please contact Jan Harlan, (530) 752-9963, firstname.lastname@example.org, VMTH Director's Office.