Read about veterinary medicine's increasingly important role in global health in an article in The Lancet.
One Health Symposium
Where Humans, Animals and Environment Intersect
The Center for Continuing Professional Education and Students for One Health are proud to present UC Davis' first annual One Health CE Symposium. Highlighting the wide clinical and research applications of One Health, the event will feature talks on infectious disease, comparative medicine, international outreach, and more. The event is open to students, faculty, clients, and the general public. For those who are not able to join us in Davis, we are offering remote access via webinar.
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2014
Time: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Location: Gladys Valley Hall, UC Davis Campus
Register: online or via mail Register by midnight on 7/31 to get early bird pricing.
Webinar Available: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before test your connection in advance. This webinar will only be available live, and it will not be recorded for future viewing. If you want to watch the seminar on your smart phone or tablet you will need to download the free AdobeConnect app.
CE Credit: Up to 8 hours of CE credit will be offered to participating veterinarians.
CME Credit: The University of California, Davis Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ can be used by multidisciplinary team members.
- Physician Credit: The University of California, Davis, Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of relicensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Physician Assistant: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
- Psychologist: This educational activity is recognized by the California Board of Psychology as meeting the continuing education requirements toward license renewal for California psychologist (self-reporting required).
- Sonographer/Vascular Technician: AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM meets the requirements of the Accepted Continuing Education Evaluation Model System (AACEEMS) Checklist of the American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography (ARDMS).