The CEH mission is to advance the health, welfare, performance and veterinary care of horses through research and education. We accomplish this by providing academic leadership and by serving as the organizational umbrella under which equine research is funded and conducted at UC Davis.
Since 1982, our Center has served as the USDA's California quarantine and treatment station for contagious equine metritis (CEM) to prevent the introduction of this potentially devastating venereal disease into the U.S. horse population.
- UC Davis Hosts Fall Festival Continuing Education Event
- The Hard Cell: Do Stem Cell Treatments for Racehorses Hold the Key to Healing Human Athletes?
- Suspensory Ligament Injuries: Prevention, Diagnosis and Rehabilitation
- State of the VMTH 2015-2016
- Gastric Ulcers in Horses: Causes, Prevention and Treatment