The CEH mission is to advance the health, welfare, performance and veterinary care of horses through research and education. We accomplish this by providing academic leadership and by serving as the organizational umbrella under which equine research is funded and conducted at UC Davis.
Since 1982, our Center has served as the USDA's California quarantine and treatment station for contagious equine metritis (CEM) to prevent the introduction of this potentially devastating venereal disease into the U.S. horse population.
- Blindness Forces Career Change for Talented Jumper
- UC Davis, Center for Equine Health Advancing Disaster Preparedness for Horses
- Imaging Modalities Help Translate Research to Clinical Care
- Emerging Trends In Equine DNA
- New Genetic Test Reveals Susceptibility of Haflinger Horses to Form of Eye Cancer