Forms & Publications
Directions for Formula Funds, Hatch, Multi-State forms
Click on any of the links below to download the forms.
Completed MS Word forms can be saved.
USDA Project Narrative (pdf)
CFAH Booklet (pdf)
CFAH Guidelines (pdf)
CFAH Priority Issues (pdf)
NIFA REEport Updates
REEport is NIFA’s new grant and formula project initiation and reporting system, building on and replacing the CRIS web forms system. On May 6, 2013, the Research, Education, and Extension project online reporting tool (REEport) was launched to replace CRIS web forms. REEport implements the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR), and standard progress report format that all Federal research agencies are required to use for research grant reporting. REEport Resources:
- Learn How To Use REEport!
- The REEport Implementation web page located at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/business/reeport_imp.html contains training materials, newsletters, and the REEport user manual.
- The NIFA Reporting Web Conference Series located at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/rwc contains recording, slides, and Question & Answer documents from the Reporting Web conferences we have held on grant reporting over the past few years.
If you received an email requesting you to log in to REEport but your link has expired, you may generate a new one through the password reset mechanism: http://portal.nifa.usda.gov/portal/forgot_password
If you have any problem activating your account, please contact the NIFA Administrator at NIFAReportingPortal@nifa.usda.gov.
Training videos can be found at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/business/reeport_imp_land_grant_prnts.html .
Note: On many projects (only Non-Formula projects seem to be affected), there is an extra reporting shell has been created in the Progress Report module, often with erroneous dates. The extra shell should not be there, and it is being fixed to clear this error. Currently aiming to implement a fix on 5/29/2013.
1. You and your PDs may be receiving multiple reporting notification emails from REEport in the final year of a project, one for an Annual Progress Report, and one for a Final Report. This is confusing. It does NOT mean that the PI is required to submit both.
REEport does not know whether a Non-Formula grant will be receiving a continuation/extension in the final year, or whether it will actually be closed out, and therefore makes available both Progress and Final Report shells for either eventuality. REEport is simply programmed to send notifications on both sets of reporting shells, and this is why you are receiving both sets of notifications.
In the final year of a project, you, and or your PD, must make the determination: to either submit the Progress Report if the project will be receiving a continuation/extension of any kind, or submit the Final Report if the project will actually be coming to an end.
2. On many projects (only Non-Formula projects seem to be affected), there is an extra reporting shell that has been created in the Progress Report module, often with erroneous dates. The extra shell should not be there. If you find one of these extra reporting shells, the recommended action is to hold off on completing the form until after the planned fix 5/29/13.
If you cannot wait until the 29th, please refer to block #3 – Period of Performance - on the Award Face Sheet, and make sure the reporting dates on the reporting shell fall in line with the listed dates in this field.