About the VCCT
The Veterinary Center for Clinical Trials or VCCT is located within the Veterinary Medicine II Building, adjacent to the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at the University of California, Davis. This center works closely with other campus institutions including the School of Veterinary Medicine's academic departments, School of Medicine, the Clinical and Translational Science Center, Center for Companion Animal Health, and Center for Equine Health, to name a few. Clinical investigators have active trials aimed at advancing medical care for their veterinary patients in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, ophthalmology, and cardiology.
- To accelerate identification and development of diagnostics and therapeutics for the benefit of veterinary and human patients
- To serve as a point of contact for investigators and sponsors interested in conducting in a clinical trial
- To coordinate and facilitate all aspects of a veterinary clinical trial
- To organize and maintain a database of institutional expertise and resources
- To form alliances with other campus units and outside collaborators