Alan Buckpitt- BS, MS, PhD
220 Everson Hall
Davis, CA 95616
+1 530 752 7674
| || |
1970 BS , College of William & Mary, Willamsburg,
1973 MS , Indiana University, Bloomington,
1975 PhD , Indiana University, Bloomington,
Honors and Awards
2000 Pfizer Award for Research Excellence
2010 Norden Distinguished Teaching Award, nominated
Active Research Grants
Principal Investigator, Biomarkers of exposure to cytotoxic agents SUPERFUND, Hammock (Principle Investigator), NIH NIEHS PHS
Co-Investigator, Pulmonary effects of oxidant pollutants, Hyde (Principle Investigator), NIH NIEHS
Co-Investigator, Metabolic study of ozone and nitronaphthalene toxicity, Hammock (Principle Investigator), NIH NIEHS
Principal Investigator, Kinetics of naphthalene metabolism in target and non target tissues of rodents and non human primates, (Principle Investigator), American Petroleum Institute
Principal Investigator, Measurement of soluble thiols in respiratory and olfactory nasal epithelium-dose response study, (Principle Investigator), American Petroleum Institute
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2010 Buchholz BA, Haack KW, Sporty JL, Buckpitt AR, Morin D Free flow electrophoresis separation and AMS quantitation of C-naphthalene-protein adducts Nucl Instrum Methods Phys Res B,
- 2010 DeStefano-Shields C, Morin D, Buckpitt A Formation of covalently bound protein adducts from the cytotoxicant naphthalene in nasal epithelium: species comparisons Environ Health Perspect,
- 2009 Morris JB, Buckpitt AR Upper respiratory tract uptake of naphthalene Toxicol Sci,
- 2009 Spiess PC, Morin D, Williams CR, Buckpitt AR Protein Thiol Oxidation in Murine Airway Epithelial Cells in Response to Naphthalene or Diethyl Maleate Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol,
- 2009 DiMaio Knych HK, DeStefano Shields C, Buckpitt AR, Stanley SD Equine cytochrome P450 2C92: cDNA cloning, expression and initial characterization Arch Biochem Biophys,
- 2009 Lin CY, Wheelock AM, Morin D, Baldwin RM, Lee MG, Taff A, Plopper C, Buckpitt A, Rohde A Toxicity and metabolism of methylnaphthalenes: Comparison with naphthalene and 1-nitronaphthalene Toxicology,
- 2008 Morisseau C, Newman JW, Wheelock CE, Hill T, Morin D, Buckpitt AR, Hammock BD Development of metabolically stable inhibitors of Mammalian microsomal epoxide hydrolase Chem Res Toxicol,
- 2008 Spiess PC, Morin D, Jewell WT, Buckpitt AR Measurement of protein sulfhydryls in response to cellular oxidative stress using gel electrophoresis and multiplexed fluorescent imaging analysis Chem Res Toxicol,
- 2008 Lee YC, Chuang CY, Lee PK, Lee JS, Harper RW, Buckpitt AB, Wu R, Oslund K TRX-ASK1-JNK signaling regulation of cell density-dependent cytotoxicity in cigarette smoke-exposed human bronchial epithelial cells Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol,
- 2007 Plopper CG, Smiley-Jewell SM, Miller LA, Fanucchi MV, Evans MJ, Buckpitt AR, Avdalovic M, Gershwin LJ, Joad JP, Kajekar R, Larson S, Pinkerton KE, Van Winkle LS, Schelegle ES, Pieczarka EM, Wu R, Hyde DM Asthma/allergic airways disease: does postnatal exposure to environmental toxicants promote airway pathobiology? Toxicol Pathol,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2010 Buckpitt AR, Lin C Yu, Spiess P: Biochemical Function of the Respiratory Tract: Metabolism of Xenobiotics, Charlene A McQueen, (ed),
Comprehensive Toxicology. 171-9.
2002 Shultz M, Morin D, Chan K, Buckpitt A: Measurement of glutathione adducts, Donald Reed and Lucio Costa, (ed),
Current Protocols in Toxicology, New York. .
1997 Plopper CG, Cheek JM, Wu R, Reddy S, Zhao Y, Duan X, Buckpitt A: In vitro assessment of ozone induced injury to alveolar and tracheobronchial epithelium, D. Dungworth, K. Adler, C. Harris and C. Plopper, (ed),
Correlations between in vitro and in vivo investigations in inhalation toxicology, Washington, DC. 252-70.
1997 Buckpitt A, Cruikshank M: Biochemical functions of the respiratory tract: Metabolism of xenobiotics, G Sipes, CA McQuen and AJ Gandolfi, (ed),
Comprehensive Toxicology, Volume 8, Toxicology of the Respiratory System, Ed. 1. 159-86.
1996 Plopper C, Hyde D, Buckpitt A: Clara cells, R. Crystal, and J. West, (ed),
The Lung: Scientific Foundations, Philadelphia, PA. 215-28.