Active Research Grants
Co-Principal Investigator, Western Center for Ag Health and Safety: Health effects of ambient airborne particles from the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys, M. Schenker (Principal Investigator), Centers for Disease Control/NIOSH
Co-Investigator, Pulmonary effects of environmental oxidant pollutants, D.M. Hyde (Principal Investigator), NIEHS
Principal Investigator, Engineered Nanomaterials: Linking Physical and Chemical Properties to Biology, (Principal Investigator), NIEHS
Co-Principal Investigator, Toxicity of source-oriented ambient aerosol, AS Wexler (Principal Investigator), CARB
Co-Investigator, Molecular Characterization of a Novel Lung Sphingomelinase, Goldkorn (Principal Investigator), National Institutes of Health
Co-Investigator, Nicotine,nicoinic receptors and lung cancer, Spindel (Principal Investigator), NIH - subaward from Oregon Health & Science Univ
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2015 Kent E. Pinkerton, Mary Harbaugh, MeiLan K. Han, Claude Jourdan Le Saux, Laura S. Van Winkle, William J. Martin II, Rose J. Kosgei, E. Jane Carter, Nicole Sitkin, Suzette M. Smiley-Jewell, and Maureen George Women and Lung Disease
Sex Differences and Global Health Disparities American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine,
- 2015 Carosino CM, Bein KJ, Plummer LE, Castañeda AR, Zhao Y, Wexler AS, Pinkerton KE Allergic Airway Inflammation is Differentially Exacerbated by Daytime and Nighttime Ultrafine and Submicron Fine Ambient Particles: Heme Oxygenase-1 as an Indicator of PM-Mediated Allergic Inflammation Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health,
- 2015 Gary W. Ewart, William N. Rom, Sidney S. Braman, and Kent E. Pinkerton From Closing the Atmospheric Ozone Hole to Reducing Climate Change. Lessons Learned
- 2015 Jaime E. Mirowsky, Lan Jin, George Thurston, David Lighthall, Tim Tyner, Lori Horton, Karen Galdanes, Steven Chillrud, James Ross, Kent E. Pinkerton, Lung Chi Chen, Morton Lippmann, Terry Gordon In vitro and in vivo toxicity of urban and rural particulate matter from California Atmospheric Environment,
- 2015 Davidson, RA, Anderson, DS, Van Winkle, LS, Pinkerton, KE, Guo, T Evolution of Silver Nanoparticles in the Rat Lung Investigated by X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy. The Journal of Physical Chemistry. A,
- 2015 Anderson, DS, Patchin, ES, Silva, RM, Uyeminami, DL, Sharmah, A, Guo, T, Das, GK, Brown, JM, Shannahan, J, Gordon, T, Chen, LC, Pinkerton, KE, Van Winkle, LS Influence of Particle Size on Persistence and Clearance of Aerosolized Silver Nanoparticles in the Rat Lung. Toxicological Sciences,
- 2015 Anderson, DS, Silva, RM, Lee, D, Edwards, PC, Sharmah, A, Guo, T, Pinkerton, KE, Van Winkle, LS Persistence of silver nanoparticles in the rat lung: Influence of dose, size, and chemical composition. Nanotoxicology,
- 2015 Belafsky, PC, Peake, J, Smiley-Jewell, SM, Verma, SP, Dworkin-Valenti, J, Pinkerton, KE Soot and house dust mite allergen cause eosinophilic laryngitis in an animal model. The Laryngoscope,
- 2015 Carosino, CM, Bein, KJ, Plummer, LE, Castañeda, AR, Zhao, Y, Wexler, AS, Pinkerton, KE Allergic airway inflammation is differentially exacerbated by daytime and nighttime ultrafine and submicron fine ambient particles: heme oxygenase-1 as an indicator of PM-mediated allergic inflammation. Journal of toxicology and environmental health. Part A,
- 2015 Ewart, GW, Rom, WN, Braman, SS, Pinkerton, KE From closing the atmospheric ozone hole to reducing climate change. Lessons learned. Annals of the American Thoracic Society,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2015 Peake JL, Pinkerton KE: Gross and Subgross Anatomy of Lungs, Pleura, Connective Tissue Septa, Distal Airways, and Structural Units, Chapter 3, Parent RA, (ed), Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung Second Edition, New York. 21-31.
2015 Pinkerton KE, Van Winkle LS, Plopper CG: Structural and Cellular Diversity of the Mammalian Respiratory System, Chapter 1, Parent RA, (ed), Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung Second Edition, New York. 3-5.
2015 Green FHY, Pinkerton KE.: Environmental Determinants of Lung Aging, Chapter 27, Richard Harding and Kent E. Pinkerton, (ed), The Lung: Development, Aging and the Environment, 2nd Edition, New York. 471-491.
2015 Xu JY, Smiley-Jewell S, Claude J, Pinkerton KE. : Effects Environmental Tobacco Smoke during Early Life Stages, Chapter 21, Richard Harding and Kent E. Pinkerton, (ed), The Lung: Development, Aging and the Environment, 2nd Edition, New York. 385-397.
2015 Pinkerton KE, Herring MJ, Hyde DM, Green FHY: Normal Aging of the Lung, Chapter 14, Richard Harding and Kent E. Pinkerton, (ed), The Lung: Development, Aging and the Environment, 2nd Edition, New York. 265-285.