Active Research Grants
Collaborator, California National Primate Research Center, Lewin (Principal Investigator), NIH/NCRR
Principal Investigator, Biology of SIV in Male NHP, (Principal Investigator), NIH/NIAID
Collaborator, Effect of FGI-101-1A6 on SIV Transmission, Diaz (Principal Investigator), DOD
Collaborator, Do Robo1 antibodies Protect CD4 T Cell from SIV Challenge in Rhesus Macaques, Diaz (Principal Investigator), NIH/NIAID
Co-Principal Investigator, The impact of antibody and pH on female-to-male SIV infection, Donald Forthal (Principal Investigator), NIH/NIAID
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2012 Schmitz J, Ma ZM, Hagan E, Furr K, Wilks A, Linde C, Zahn R, Brenchley J, Miller C, Permar S Memory CD4+ T lymphocytes in the gastrointestinal tract are a major source of cell-associated simian immunodeficiency virus in chronic nonpathogenic infection of African green monkeys J Virol,
- 2012 Asmuth DM, Ma ZM, Mann S, Knight TH, Yotter T, Albanese A, Melcher GP, Troia-Cancio P, Hayes T, Miller CJ, Pollard RB Gastrointestinal-associated lymphoid tissue immune reconstitution in a randomized clinical trial of raltegravir versus non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-based regimens AIDS,
- 2012 Genescà M, Ma ZM, Wang Y, Assaf B, Qureshi H, Fritts L, Huang Y, McChesney MB, Miller CJ Live-Attenuated Lentivirus Immunization Modulates Innate Immunity and Inflammation While Protecting RM from Vaginal SIV Challenge J Virol, DOI:10.1128/JVI.00532-12,
- 2012 Rothaeusler K, Ma ZM, Qureshi H, Carroll TD, Rourke T, McChesney MB, Miller CJ Antiviral antibodies and T cells are present in the foreskin of simian immunodeficiency virus-infected rhesus macaques J Virol,
- 2012 Hutnick NA, Myles DJ, Hirao L, Scott VL, Ferraro B, Khan AS, Lewis MG, Miller CJ, Bett AJ, Casimiro D, Sardesai NY, Kim JJ, Shiver J, Weiner DB An optimized SIV DNA vaccine can serve as a boost for Ad5 and provide partial protection from a high-dose SIVmac251 challenge Vaccine,
- 2012 Gordon SN, Kines RC, Kutsyna G, Ma ZM, Hryniewicz A, Roberts JN, Fenizia C, Hidajat R, Brocca-Cofano E, Cuburu N, Buck CB, Bernardo ML, Robert-Guroff M, Miller CJ, Graham BS, Lowy DR, Schiller JT, Franchini G Targeting the vaginal mucosa with human papillomavirus pseudovirion vaccines delivering simian immunodeficiency virus DNA J Immunol,
- 2012 Qureshi H, Ma ZM, Huang Y, Hodge G, Thomas MA, DiPasquale J, DeSilva V, Fritts L, Bett AJ, Casimiro DR, Shiver JW, Robert-Guroff M, Robertson MN, McChesney MB, Gilbert PB, Miller CJ Low-dose penile SIVmac251 exposure of rhesus macaques infected with adenovirus type 5 (Ad5) and then immunized with a replication-defective Ad5-based SIV gag/pol/nef vaccine recapitulates the results of the phase IIb step trial of a similar HIV-1 vaccine J Virol,
- 2012 Presicce P, Shaw JM, Miller CJ, Shacklett BL, Chougnet CA Myeloid dendritic cells isolated from tissues of SIV-infected Rhesus macaques promote the induction of regulatory T cells AIDS,
- 2011 Matzinger SR, Carroll TD, Fritts L, McChesney MB, Miller CJ Exogenous IFN-alpha administration reduces influenza A virus replication in the lower respiratory tract of rhesus macaques PLoS One,
- 2011 Fenizia C, Keele BF, Nichols D, Cornara S, Binello N, Vaccari M, Pegu P, Robert-Guroff M, Ma ZM, Miller CJ, Venzon D, Hirsch V, Franchini G TRIM5a does not affect simian immunodeficiency virus SIVmac251 replication in vaccinated or unvaccinated Indian rhesus macaques following intrarectal challenge exposure J Virol,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2008 Marthas ML, Miller CJ: Simian Immunodeficiency Virus: Animal Models of Disease, Mahy B, van Regenmortel M, (ed),
The Encyclopedia of Virology 3rd edition, Oxford, UK. 594-603.
2005 Barry PA, Marthas ML, Lerche NW, McChesney MB, Miller CJ: Handbook of Experimental Animals, Wolfe-Coote, Sonia, (ed),
Current Uses in Biomedical Research: Virology, in the Laboratory Primate, San Diego. 561-574.
2005 McElrath JM, Miller CJ: Mucosal immunity and vaccines to SIV and HIV, Mestecky J, Bienenstock J, Lamm ME, Mayer L, McGhee JR, Strober W, (ed),
Mucosal Limmunology. 937-957.
1999 McChesney MB, Sawai E, Miller CJ: Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, Ahmed R, Chen IY, (ed),
Persistent Viral Infections. 321-45.
1996 Miller CJ: Mucosal Immune Responses to SIV Infection, Rafi Ahmed, (ed),
Seminars in Virology: Immunity to Viruses, San Diego, CA. 139-49.