Peter F Moore- DVM, PhD
Pathology, Microbiology & Immunology
3315 Vet Med 3A
Davis, CA 95616
+1 530 752 5204
| || |
Dr. Moore's main focus of research is leukocyte antigen biology and spontaneous leukocytic diseases of companion animals, especially dog, cat, and horse.
1973 DVM , University of Melbourne, Australia,
1979 PhD , University of California, Davis,
Honors and Awards
2008 The WSAVA/Waltham International Award for Scientific Achievement.
2007 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Journal Scholarship Award in recognition of the publication in Veterinary Pathology during 2006 entitled “Feline large granular lymphocyte (LGL) lymphoma with secondary leukemia: primary intestinal origin with predominance of a CD3/CD8aa phenotype.” Roccabiance P, Vernau W, Woo JC, Caniatti M, Moore PF. Veterinary Pathology 2006, 43: 15-28.
1999 Pfizer Award for Research Excellence, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis,
1985 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Journal Scholarship Award in recognition of the publication in Veterinary Pathology during 1984 entitled "Systemic Histiocytosis of Bernese Mountain Dogs." Peter F. Moore. Veterinary Pathology, 21:554-563.
1980 Frank R. Blood Award of the Society of Toxicology in recognition of the publication in Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology during 1979 entitled "Chromate inhibition of metabolism by rat tracheal explants. II. In vivo exposures."
1973 Harry Worthington Prize in Veterinary Science awarded by the University of Melbourne at graduation.
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Pathologists
Active Research Grants
Co-Investigator, Gene Therapy for Canine X-Linked SCID, Peter J. Felsburg (Principal Investigator), NIH/NIAID
Principal Investigator, Canine papillomavirus-2 stimulates the innate immune response through activation of pattern recognition receptors on keratinocytes and indirectly promotes acquired immunity involving Langerhans’ cells in the skin, (Principal Investigator), Center for Companion Health, UC Davis
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2011 Leonard BC, Chu H, Johns JL, Gallo RL, Moore PF, Marks SL, Bevins CL Expression and activity of a novel cathelicidin from domestic cats PLoS One,
- 2011 Moore PF, Rodriguez-Bertos A, Kass PH Feline Gastrointestinal Lymphoma: Mucosal Architecture, Immunophenotype, and Molecular Clonality Vet Pathol,
- 2011 Laurenson MP, Skorupski KA, Moore PF, Zwingenberger AL Ultrasonography of intestinal mast cell tumors in the cat Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
- 2011 Hilton H, Nieto JE, Moore PF, Harmon FA, Naydan DK, Snyder JR Expression of cyclooxygenase genes in the jejunum of horses during low-flow ischemia and reperfusion Am J Vet Res,
- 2011 Kennedy DR, Hartnett BJ, Kennedy JS, Vernau W, Moore PF, O'Malley T, Burkly LC, Henthorn PS, Felsburg PJ Ex vivo ?-retroviral gene therapy of dogs with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency and the development of a thymic T cell lymphoma Vet Immunol Immunopathol,
- 2010 Moore PF, Affolter VK, Graham PS, Hirt B Canine epitheliotropic cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: an investigation of T-cell receptor immunophenotype, lesion topography and molecular clonality Vet Dermatol,
- 2010 Affolter VK, Gross TL, Moore PF Indolent cutaneous T-cell lymphoma presenting as cutaneous lymphocytosis in dogs Vet Dermatol,
- 2010 Zwingenberger AL, Marks SL, Baker TW, Moore PF Ultrasonographic evaluation of the muscularis propria in cats with diffuse small intestinal lymphoma or inflammatory bowel disease J Vet Intern Med,
- 2010 Xiong W, Candolfi M, Liu C, Muhammad AK, Yagiz K, Puntel M, Moore PF, Avalos J, Young JD, Khan D, Donelson R, Pluhar GE, Ohlfest JR, Wawrowsky K, Lowenstein PR, Castro MG Human Flt3L generates dendritic cells from canine peripheral blood precursors: implications for a dog glioma clinical trial PLoS One,
- 2010 Colegrove KM, Wellehan JF, Rivera R, Moore PF, Gulland FM, Lowenstine LJ, Nordhausen RW, Nollens HH Polyomavirus infection in a free-ranging California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) with intestinal T-cell lymphoma J Vet Diagn Invest,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2010 Moore PF, Affolter VK: Canine and Feline Histiocytic Diseases. Chapter 331, Stephen J Ettinger, Edward C Feldman, (ed),
Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th Edition. .
2009 Moore PF, Affolter VK: Histiocytic Disease Complex. Chapter 75, John D. Bonagura, David C. Twedt, (ed),
Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIV. .
2008 Affolter VK, Moore PF: Histiocytic Proliferative Disorders. Chapter 36, Eric Guaguere, Pascal Prelaud, Mark Craig, (ed),
A Practical Guide to Canine Dermatology. .
2005 Moore PF, Affolter VK: Canine and Feline Histiocytic Diseases, ,
Ettinger's Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th Edition, Chapter 187. .
2002 Valli VE, Jacobs RM, Parodi AL, Vernau W, Moore PF: (Peer Reviewed Monograph) Histological classification of hematopoietic tumors of domestic animals, ,
World Health Organization: Second Series Volume VIII, Washington DC. .