1979 BS Animal Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
1982 DVM Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, College of Vet Medicine, East Lansing, MI
1987 PhD Comparative Pathology, University of California, School of Vet Medicine, Davis, CA
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Pathologists
State licensure - California
Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostician Training course for University personnel - Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Plum Island, NY
Incident Command Training for Executives - US Forest Service presentors (Washington DC)
Standardized Emergency Management System, by Governor's Office of Emergency Services SEMS, State level workshop G628.2, 1.5 days
Animal Care and Use 101, UC Davis Office of Environmental Health and Safety course, July 21
IS-800 National Response Plan - FEMA Department of Homeland Security
ICS 100 USDA training module
ICS 200 USDA training module
ICS 300 USDA training module
ICS 300 Intermediate level, classroom training, 1.5 days, August 15-16
Protecting your employees. Association of Public Health Laboratories, ASCLS P.A.C.E certificate, 1 hour, September 23
DG 6.2 Infectious Substance/Dry Ice Shipping class and Security Awareness class (certificate of completion)- 4 hours presented by UC Davis - J. Streisand and Karen Shaw, June 28
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2014 John M. Adaska, Sharif Aly, Robert B. Moeller, Patricia C. Blanchard, Mark Anderson, Hailu Kinde and Francisco Uzal. Jejunal hematoma in Cattle: A retrospective case analysis J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2013 Glover, AD, Puschner, B, Rossow, HA, Lehenbauer, TW, Champagne, JD, Blanchard, PC, Aly, SS A double-blind block randomized clinical trial on the effect of zinc as a treatment for diarrhea in neonatal Holstein calves under natural challenge conditions. Preventive veterinary medicine,
- 2013 Linlin Li, Santiago Diab, Sabrina McGraw, Bradd Barr, Ryan Traslavina, Robert Higgins, Tom Talbot,
Pat Blanchard, Guillermo Rimoldi, Elizabeth Fahsbender, Brady Page, Tung Gia Phan, Chunlin Wang, Xutao Deng, Patricia Pesavento, and Eric Delwart Divergent Astrovirus Associated with Neurologic Disease in Cattle Emerging Infectious Diseases,
- 2013 García JP, Anderson M, Blanchard P, Mete A, Uzal FA The pathology of enterotoxemia by Clostridium perfringens type C in calves J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2013 Moeller RB, Adaska JM, Reynolds J, Blanchard PC Systemic Bovine Herpesvirus 1 Infections in Neonatal Dairy Calves J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2013 Correa CE, Moeller RB, Adaska JM, Clothier KA, Blanchard PC Pathology in practice: Soft tissue abscesses and vertebral osteomyelitis due to N farcinica in 2 calves J Am Vet Med Assoc,
- 2012 Uzal FA, Diab SS, Blanchard P, Moore J, Anthenill L, Shahriar F, Garcia JP, Songer JG Clostridium perfringens type C and Clostridium difficile co-infection in foals Veterinary Microbiology,
- 2010 Blanchard PC, Ridpath JF, Walker JB, Hietala SK An outbreak of late term abortions, premature births, and congenital deformities associated with a bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 subtype b that induces thrombocytopenia J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2009 Odani JS, Blanchard PC, Adaska JM, Moeller RB, Uzal FA Malignant edema in postpartum dairy cattle J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2008 Berge AC, Thornburg E, Adaska JM, Moeller RB, Blanchard PC Antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella enterica subspecies enterica serovar Dublin from dairy source calves in the central San Joaquin Valley, California (1998-2002) J Vet Diagn Invest,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2012 Blanchard PC: Diagnostics of dairy and beef cattle diarrhea, Cooper VL, (ed),
Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice, Philadelphia, PA. 443-464.
2006 Gardner IA, Blanchard PC: Interpretation of Laboratory Results, ,
Diseases of Swine, 9th Edition. 219-239.
2000 Blanchard PC: Sampling techniques for the diagnosis of digestive disease, Helman RG, (ed),
Diagnosis of Diseases of the Digestive Tract, Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice, Philadelphia. 23-36.
1999 Gardner IA, Blanchard PC: Interpretation of Laboratory Results, ,
Diseases of Swine. 19-39.
1990 Blanchard PC, Wilson DW: Group G Streptococcal infections in cats, Craig E Greene, (ed),
In Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 603-605.