Professor of Clinical
Medicine & Epidemiology
| || |
Bovine respiratory disease
Calf diarrhea disease
Subspeciality within comparative pathology is veterinary anatomic and diagnostic pathology.
1979 BS Animal Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
1982 DVM Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, College of Vet Medicine, East Lansing, MI
1987 PhD Comparative Pathology, University of California, School of Vet Medicine, Davis, CA
Honors and Awards
2005 American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians EP Pope Memorial Award
2000 California Pork Producers Association Distinguished Service Citation
1985 CL Davis Veterinary Pathology Scholarship Award
2012 Lifetime Membership, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Pathologists
State licensure - California
Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostician Training course for University personnel - Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Plum Island, NY
Incident Command Training for Executives - US Forest Service presentors (Washington DC)
Standardized Emergency Management System, by Governor's Office of Emergency Services SEMS, State level workshop G628.2, 1.5 days
Animal Care and Use 101, UC Davis Office of Environmental Health and Safety course, July 21
IS-800 National Response Plan - FEMA Department of Homeland Security
ICS 100 USDA training module
ICS 200 USDA training module
ICS 300 USDA training module
ICS 300 Intermediate level, classroom training, 1.5 days, August 15-16
Protecting your employees. Association of Public Health Laboratories, ASCLS P.A.C.E certificate, 1 hour, September 23
DG 6.2 Infectious Substance/Dry Ice Shipping class and Security Awareness class (certificate of completion)- 4 hours presented by UC Davis - J. Streisand and Karen Shaw, June 28
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2012 Uzal FA, Diab SS, Blanchard P, Moore J, Anthenill L, Shahriar F, Garcia JP, Songer JG Clostridium perfringens type C and Clostridium difficile co-infection in foals Veterinary Microbiology,
- 2010 Blanchard PC, Ridpath JF, Walker JB, Hietala SK An outbreak of late term abortions, premature births, and congenital deformities associated with a bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 subtype b that induces thrombocytopenia J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2009 Odani JS, Blanchard PC, Adaska JM, Moeller RB, Uzal FA Malignant edema in postpartum dairy cattle J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2008 Berge AC, Thornburg E, Adaska JM, Moeller RB, Blanchard PC Antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella enterica subspecies enterica serovar Dublin from dairy source calves in the central San Joaquin Valley, California (1998-2002) J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 2005 Campero CM, Anderson ML, Walker RL, Blanchard PC, Barbano L, Chiu P, Martinez A, Combessies G, Bardon JC, Cordeviola J Immunohistochemical identification of Campylobacter fetus in natural cases of bovine and ovine abortions J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health,
- 1999 Thurmond MC, Hietala SK, Blanchard PC Predictive values of fetal histopathology and immunoperoxidase staining in diagnosing bovine abortion caused by Neospora caninum in a dairy herd J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 1999 Davidson-York D, Galey FD, Blanchard PC, Gardner IA Selenium elimination in pigs after an outbreak of selenium toxicosis J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 1997 Anderson RJ, Walker RL, Hird DW, Blanchard PC Case-control study of an outbreak of clinical disease attributable to Salmonella menhaden infection in eight dairy herds J Am Vet Med Assoc,
- 1997 Thurmond MC, Hietala SK, Blanchard PC Herd-based diagnosis of Neospora caninum-induced endemic and epidemic abortion in cows and evidence for congenital and postnatal transmission J Vet Diagn Invest,
- 1996 DeBey BM, Blanchard PC, Durfee PT Abomasal bloat associated with Sarcina-like bacteria in goat kids J Am Vet Med Assoc,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2012 Blanchard PC: Diagnostics of dairy and beef cattle diarrhea, Cooper VL, (ed),
Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice, Philadelphia, PA. 443-464.
2006 Gardner IA, Blanchard PC: Interpretation of Laboratory Results, ,
Diseases of Swine, 9th Edition. 219-239.
1999 Gardner IA, Blanchard PC: Interpretation of Laboratory Results, ,
Diseases of Swine. 19-39.
1990 Blanchard PC, Wilson DW: Group G Streptococcal infections in cats, Craig E Greene, (ed),
In Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 603-605.
1989 Blanchard PC, Wilson DW: Group G Streptococcal Infections in kittens, R. W. Kirk, (ed),
In Current Vet Therapy X. 1091-1093.