Active Research Grants
Principal Investigator, Molecular characterization of novel loci for orofacial clefting using canine models, (Principal Investigator), NIH
Co-Investigator, Genetics of corneal endothelial dystrophy in the German Shorthaired Pointer., Murphy (Principal Investigator), CCAH
Co-Investigator, Cytogenetic characterization of feline meningiomas, Dickinson (Principal Investigator), CCAH
Principal Investigator, Genome Wide Association for myopia in the Labrador Retiever, Bannasch (Principal Investigator), CCAH
Principal Investigator, Genetic Analysis of Ectopic Ureters in Dogs, (Principal Investigator), CCAH
Co-Investigator, Genetics of corneal endothelial dystrophy in theBoston Terrier, Thomasy (Principal Investigator), CCAH
Principal Investigator, Investigating Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy in Irish Setter Dogs, (Principal Investigator), Canine Health Foundation
Principal Investigator, Investigating Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy in Weimaraner Dogs, (Principal Investigator), Canine Health Foundation
Principal Investigator, ACTG- Alliance of Canine Translational Genomics, (Principal Investigator), BGI_UCDavis
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2016 Dickinson, PJ, York, D, Higgins, RJ, LeCouteur, RA, Joshi, N, Bannasch, D Chromosomal Aberrations in Canine Gliomas Define Candidate Genes and Common Pathways in Dogs and Humans. Journal of neuropathology and experimental neurology,
- 2016 Safra, N, Hitchens, PL, Maverakis, E, Mitra, A, Korff, C, Johnson, E, Kol, A, Bannasch, MJ, Pedersen, NC, Bannasch, DL Serum levels of innate immunity cytokines are elevated in dogs with metaphyseal osteopathy (hypertrophic osteodytrophy) during active disease and remission. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology,
- 2016 Truvé, K, Dickinson, P, Xiong, A, York, D, Jayashankar, K, Pielberg, G, Koltookian, M, Murén, E, Fuxelius, HH, Weishaupt, H, Swartling, FJ, Andersson, G, Hedhammar, Å, Bongcam-Rudloff, E, Forsberg-Nilsson, K, Bannasch, D, Lindblad-Toh, K Utilizing the Dog Genome in the Search for Novel Candidate Genes Involved in Glioma Development-Genome Wide Association Mapping followed by Targeted Massive Parallel Sequencing Identifies a Strongly Associated Locus. PLoS genetics,
- 2015 Cronin, MA, Cánovas, A, Bannasch, DL, Oberbauer, AM, Medrano, JF Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Variation of Wolves (Canis lupus) in Southeast Alaska and Comparison with Wolves, Dogs, and Coyotes in North America. The Journal of heredity,
- 2015 Finno CJ, Stevens C, Young A, Affolter V, Joshi NA, Ramsay S, Bannasch DL SERPINB11 Mutation Associated with Novel Hoof Specific Phenotype in Connemara Ponies PLoS Genetics,
- 2015 Wolf ZT, Brand HA, Shaffer JR, Leslie EJ, Arzi B, Willet CE, McHenry T, Narayan N, Feingold E, Wang X, Sliskovic S, Karmi N, Safra N, Sanchez C, Deleyiannis FWB, Murray JC, Wade CM, Marazita ML, Bannach DL Genome-wide association studies in dogs and humans identify ADAMTS20 as a risk variant for cleft and palate PLoS Genetics,
- 2015 Finno, CJ, Estell, KE, Katzman, S, Winfield, L, Rendahl, A, Textor, J, Bannasch, DL, Puschner, B Blood and Cerebrospinal Fluid a-Tocopherol and Selenium Concentrations in Neonatal Foals with Neuroaxonal Dystrophy. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine,
- 2015 Oberbauer, AM, Belanger, JM, Bellumori, T, Bannasch, DL, Famula, TR Ten inherited disorders in purebred dogs by functional breed groupings. Canine genetics and epidemiology,
- 2015 Safra, N, Hayward, LJ, Aguilar, M, Sacks, BN, Westropp, JL, Mohr, FC, Mellersh, CS, Bannasch, DL DNA Sequence Variants in the Five Prime Untranslated Region of the Cyclooxygenase-2 Gene Are Commonly Found in Healthy Dogs and Gray Wolves. PloS one,
- 2015 Schroeder, DI, Jayashankar, K, Douglas, KC, Thirkill, TL, York, D, Dickinson, PJ, Williams, LE, Samollow, PB, Ross, PJ, Bannasch, DL, Douglas, GC, LaSalle, JM Early Developmental and Evolutionary Origins of Gene Body DNA Methylation Patterns in Mammalian Placentas. PLoS genetics,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2013 Bannasch D, Finno C: Genetic Tests for large Animals, , Large Animal Internal Medicine, 5th edition. .
2013 Young AE, White SD, Bannasch DL: Genomics of Skin Disorders, Chowdhary, (ed), Equine genomics, Ames. .
2007 Bannasch D: Chapter 52: Genetic testing, Smith BP (Part Seven Section Editor), (ed), Large Animal Internal Medicine, 4th edition. .
2007 Bannasch D, White S: HERDA (Hereditary Equine Regional Dermal Asthenia) or hyperelastosis cutis, Robinson E, Sprayberry K, (ed), Robinson: Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 6th edition. .
2006 Young A, Bannasch D: Chapter 3: Morphological variation in the dog, , The Dog and its Genome. .