Active Research Grants
Co-Investigator, A Mitochondrial Longevity Pathway: P66Shc Mechanisms, Gino Cortopassi (Principal Investigator), NIH
Principal Investigator, Alterations in membrane composition and function wiht calorie restriction, (Principal Investigator), NIH
Principal Investigator, Gift to support feline nutrtion research, (Principal Investigator), Ticho Foundation
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2010 Hagopian K, Weber KL, Hwee DT, Van Eenennaam AL, López-Lluch G, Villalba JM, Burón I, Navas P, German JB, Watkins SM, Chen Y, Wei A, McDonald RB, Ramsey JJ Complex I-associated hydrogen peroxide production is decreased and electron transport chain enzyme activities are altered in n-3 enriched fat-1 mice PLoS One,
- 2010 Kikusato M, Ramsey JJ, Amo T, Toyomizu M Application of modular kinetic analysis to mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in skeletal muscle of birds exposed to acute heat stress FEBS Lett,
- 2010 Wei A, Fascetti AJ, Liu kJ, Villaverde C, Green AS, Manzanilla EG, Havel PJ, Ramsey JJ Influence of a high-protein diet on energy balance in obese cats allowed ad libitum access to food J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr,
- 2009 McDonald JM, Ramsey JJ, Miner JL, Nielsen MK Differences in mitochondrial efficiency between lines of mice divergently selected for heat loss J Anim Sci,
- 2009 Brennan KM, Michal JJ, Ramsey JJ, Johnson KA Body weight loss in beef cows: I. Effects of increased ß-oxidation on messenger ribonucleic acid levels of uncoupling proteins two and three and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor in the skeletal muscle J Anim Sci,
- 2009 Hagopian K, Ramsey JJ, Weindruch R Caloric restriction counteracts age-related changes in the activities of sorbitol metabolizing enzymes from mouse liver Biogerontology,
- 2009 Tomilov AA, Bicocca V, Schoenfeld RA, Giorgio M, Migliaccio E, Ramsey JJ, Hagopian K, Pelicci PG, Cortopassi GA Decreased superoxide production in macrophages of long-lived p66Shc knock-out mice J Biol Chem,
- 2008 Hagopian K, Ramsey JJ, Weindruch R Enzymes of glycerol and glyceraldehyde metabolism in mouse liver: effects of caloric restriction and age on activities Biosci Rep,
- 2008 Villaverde C, Ramsey JJ, Green AS, Asami DK, Yoo S, Fascetti AJ Energy restriction results in a mass-adjusted decrease in energy expenditure in cats that is maintained after weight regain J Nutr,
- 2008 Green AS, Ramsey JJ, Villaverde C, Asami DK, Wei A, Fascetti AJ Cats are able to adapt protein oxidation to protein intake provided their requirement for dietary protein is met J Nutr,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2007 Ramsey JJ, Hagopian K: Bioenergetics, Birren J, (ed),
Encyclopedia of Gerontology, 2nd edition, Oxford. .
2001 Ramsey, JJ, S Monemdjou, S Lal, R Weindruch, and ME Harper: Restriction of energy intake, mitochondrial proton leak and aging, A Chwalibog and K Jakobsen, (ed),
Energy Metabolism of Animals, Wageningen, the Netherlands. 305-8.
1998 Ramsey, JJ, DE Johnson, and KA Johnson: Energy expenditure and mitochondrial proton leak in lean and obese strains of rats, KJ McCracken, EF Unsworth, and ARG Wylie, (ed),
Energy Metabolism of Farm Animals, New York. 27-30.
1996 Ramsey, JJ and JW Kemnitz: Bioenergetics, JE Birren, (ed),
Encyclopedia of Gerontology: Age, Aging, and the Aged, San Diego. 185-192.
1996 Johnson, DE, GM Ward and JJ Ramsey: Livestock methane: current emissions and mitigation potential, ET Kornegay, (ed),
Nutrient Management of Food Animals to Enhance the Environment, Boca Raton, FL. 219-233.