Catherine Outerbridge- DVM, MVSc
Associate Professor of Clinical
Medicine & Epidemiology
Davis, CA 95616
+1 530 752 1393
| || |
Canine, feline and equine dermatology
1990 DVM veterinary medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
1991 Rotating intership in small animal medicne and surgery, Michigan State University,
1995 MVSc Small animal internal medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
2000 Residency in Veterinary Dermatology , University of California, Davis,
Honors and Awards
1986 P.J. Gillman Award for Histology, OVC.
1990 Upjohn Award for Proficiency in Veterinary Medicine, OVC
1990 Katherine Long Memorial Scholarship for excellence in small animal medicine and patient care, OVC
1995 Dr. Dennis Shute Memorial Award for outstanding achievement in graduate studies in Veterinary Internal Medicine, WCVM
1997 Merck Frost Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching, WCVM
1998 Stan Olson Clinical Teaching Award, WCVM
1999 UC Davis House Officer’s Presentation Day: Best Small Animal Research Presentation, UC Davis
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Dermatology (ACVD)
Active Research Grants
Co-Investigator, Characterization of Skin Lesions Induced with Lysine Deficiency, Dr. Jennifer Larsen (Principal Investigator), (CCAH) Center for Companion Animal Health
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2011 Leonard BC, Marks SL, Outerbridge CA, Affolter VK, Kananurak A, Young A, Moore PF, Bannasch DL, Bevins CL Activity, Expression and Genetic Variation of Canine [beta]-Defensin 103: A Multifunctional Antimicrobial Peptide in the Skin of Domestic Dogs Journal of Innate Immunity,
- 2011 Carrade DD, Affolter VK, Outerbridge CA, Watson JL, Galuppo LD, Buerchler S, Kumar V, Walker NJ, Borjesson DL Intradermal injections of equine allogeneic umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells are well tolerated and do not elicit immediate or delayed hypersensitivity reactions Cytotherapy,
- 2011 Stepnik CS, Outerbridge CA, White SD, Kass PH Equine atopic skin disease and response to allergen specific immunotherapy (ASIT): a retrospective study at the University of California - Davis Veterinary Dermatology,
- 2011 Lam AT, Affolter VK, Outerbridge CA, Gericola B, White SD Oral vitamin A as an adjunct treatment for canine sebaceous adenitis Veterinary Dermatology,
- 2010 Gandolfi B, Outerbridge CA, Beresford LG, Myers JA, Pimental M, Alhaddfad H, Grahn JC, Grahn RA, Lyons LA The naked truth: Sphynx and Devon Rex cat breed mutations in KRT71 Mammalian Genome,
- 2009 White SD, Affolter VK, Dewey J, Kass PH, Outerbridge CA, Ihrke PJ Cutaneous vasculitis in equines: 72 cases Veterinary Dermatology,
- 2006 Holland JL, Outerbridge CA, Affolter VK, Maggs DJ Detection of feline herpesvirus 1 DNA in skin biopsy specimens from cats with or without dermatitis J Am Vet Med Assoc,
- 2002 Outerbridge CA, Marks SL, Rogers QR Plasma amino acid concentrations in 36 dogs with histologically confirmed superficial necrolytic dermatitis Vet Dermatol,
- 2001 White SD, Bourdeau P, Rosychuk R, Cohen B, Bonenberger T, Fieseler KV, Ihrke P, Chapman PL, Schultheisss P, Zur G, Cannon A, Outerbridge CA Zinc responsive dermatosis in dogs: 41 cases and literature review Veterinary Dermatology,
- 2000 White SD, Rosychuk RA, Outerbridge CA, Fieseler KV, Spier S, Ihrke PJ, Chapman PL Thiopurine methyltransferase in red blood cells of dogs, cats, and horses J Vet Intern Med,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2009 Outerbridge CA: Hepatocutaneous Syndrome, Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, (ed),
Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th Edition, St Louis, MO. .
2008 Affolter VK, Outerbridge CA: Vasculitis, Prelaud P, Guaguere, (ed),
Canine Dermatology. 311-319.
2008 Outerbridge CA, Hollingsworth S: Skin Disorders of the Eyelid and Periocular Region, ,
Current Veterinary Therapy XIV. .
2008 Affolter VK, Outerbridge CA: Non-Histiocytic Granulomatous Skin Diseases, ,
Current Veterinary Therapy XIV. .
2006 Outerbridge CA, Ihrke PJ: Skin diseases of the eyelids, Slatter, (ed),
Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 4th Edition, St. Louis, MO. .