2003 PhD Wildlife Epidemiology, University of California, Davis, California
2000 MPVM Wildlife Epidemiology, University of California, Davis, California
1994 VMD , University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1990 BS Zoology and Political Science, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Active Research Grants
Co-Principal Investigator, PREDICT: Wildlife SMART Surveillance, Mazet (Principal Investigator), USAID
Co-Principal Investigator, NSF-EID: Roles of a marine host cycle and particle aggregation in transmission of zoonotic pathogens in coastal ecosystems, Conrad (Principal Investigator), National Science Foundation
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2013 Bunn D, Lubell M, Johnson CK Reforms could boost conservation banking by landowners CA Agri,
- 2013 Levinson J, Bogich TL, Olival KJ, Epstein J, Johnson CK, Karesh W, Daszak P Targeting surveillance for zoonotic virus discovery Emerging Infectious Diseases,
- 2013 Foley JE, Swift P, Fleer KA, Torres S, Girard YA, Johnson CK Risk factors for exposure to feline pathogens in California mountain lions (Puma concolor) Journal of Wildlife Diseases,
- 2013 Fauquier DA, Flewelling LJ, Maucher JM, Keller M, Kinsel MJ, Johnson CK, Henry M, Gannon JG, Ramsdell JS, Landsberg JH Brevetoxicosis in seabirds naturally exposed to Karenia brevis blooms along the central west coast of Florida J Wildlife Dis,
- 2012 Roug A, Swift P, Torres S, Jones K, Johnson CK Serosurveillance for livestock pathogens in free-ranging mule deer (Odocoileus hemionus) PLoS One,
- 2012 Girard YA, Swift P, Chomel BB, Kasten RW, Fleer K, Foley JE, Torres SG, Johnson CK Zoonotic vector-borne bacterial pathogens in California mountain lions (Puma concolor), 1987-2010 Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases,
- 2012 Sulzner, K, Johnson CKJ, Bonde RK, Gomez NA, Powell J, Nielsen K, Luttrell MP, Osterhaus AD, Aguirre AA Health assessment and seroepidemiologic survey of potential pathogens in Wild Antillean Manatees (Trichechus manatus manatus) PLoS One,
- 2012 Twiner MJ, Flewelling LJ, Fire S, Bowen-Stevens SR, Gaydos JK, Johnson CK, Landsberg JH, Leighfield TA, Mase-Guthrie B, Schwacke L, Van Dolah FM, Wang Z, Rowles TK Comparative analysis of three brevetoxin-associated bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) mortality events in the Florida Panhandle region (USA) PLoS One,
- 2012 Carlson-Bremer D, Johnson CK, Miller RH, Gulland FMD, Conrad PA, Wasmuth J, Colegrove KM, Grigg ME Identification of two novel coccidian species shed by California sea lions (Zalophus californianus) Journal of Parasitology,
- 2012 Olson S, Reed P, Cameron K, Ssebide BJ, Johnson CK, Morse SS, Karesh WB, Mazet JK, Joly DO Dead or alive: animal sampling following Ebola hemorrhagic fever virus outbreaks in humans Emerging Health Threats,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2011 Mazet JK, Johnson CK: Approaching Health Problems at the Wildlife-Domestic Animal Interface, Miller RE, Fowler ME, (ed),
Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine: Current Therapy, St Louis. 153-160.
1994 Orsini JA, Kreuder C: Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Neonate, WE Vaala, (ed),
Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice, Philadelphia. 137-166.
2002 Orsini JA, Kreuder C: Emergency Medical and Surgical Principles and Procedure, T.J. Divers and J.A. Orsini, (ed),
Manual of Equine Emergencies: Treatments and Procedures (second edition), Philadelphia. 1-128.
1998 Orsini JA, Kreuder C: Emergency Medical and Surgical Principles and Procedures, T.J. Divers and J.A. Orsini, (ed),
Equine Emergency Manual, Philadelphia. 1-92.