1990 Animal Science, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
1994 DVM Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
2007 MS Advanced Clinical Research, University of California School of Medicine, Davis, CA
2007 Teaching Scholars Program, University of California Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, Sacramento, CA
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2014 Aldred W, Anderson G, Aulis G, Azevedo J, Bain MJ, Blum S, Brewer S, Cloward R, Fara T, Frawley M, Gustafson B, Inglis D, Ingreso R, Keetle D, Kelliher A, Kinney R, Kraft D, Kunkle J, Lopez L, Miller J, Mitchell D, Phipps P, Poindexter M, Praet B, RackleyR, Rios R, Savage J, Scofield S, Upham B, Seaman D, Slominski B, Sumner S, Tawney G, Ward D, Wolosewicz E, Zwickey J POST Law Enforcement K-9 Guidelines - State of California (peer-reviewed document) ,
- 2013 Stepita ME, Bain MJ Animal behavior case of the month. Noise phobia, cognitive dysfunction, separation anxiety, attention-seeking behavior, and medical causes. J Am Vet Med Assoc,
- 2013 Kwan J, Bain MJ Owner Attachment and Problem Behaviors Related to Relinquishment and Training Techniques of Dogs Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science,
- 2013 Berger JM, Spier SJ, Davie R, Gardner IA, Leutenegger CM, Bain MJ Behavioral and Physiological Responses of Weaned Foals Treated with Equine Appeasing Pheromone: A Double-blinded, Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Trial Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research,
- 2013 Stepita ME, Bain MJ, Kass PH Frequency of Parvovirus in Vaccinated Puppies that Attended Puppy Socialization Classes Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association,
- 2012 Moore AM, Bain MJ Evaluation of the Addition of In-Cage Hiding Structures and Toys and Timing of Administration of Behavioral Assessments with Newly Relinquished Shelter Cats Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research,
- 2012 Bain MJ, Fan CM Animal behavior case of the month: Tail-chasing in a Bull Terrier J Am Vet Med Assoc,
- 2011 Hart LA, Storm WA, Ducceschi L, Wood MW, Tablin F, Lane VM, Bain MJ Personalized Resources on Animal Biology in U.S. Veterinary Medical Education ALTEX Proceedings World Congress,
- 2010 Malamed R, Berger J, Bain MJ, Kass P, Spier SJ Retrospective evaluation of crib-biting and windsucking behaviours and owner-perceived behavioural traits as risk factors for colic in horses Equine Vet J,
- 2009 Helms TD, Bain MJ Evaluation of owner attachment to dogs on the basis of whether owners are legally considered guardians of their pets J Am Vet Med Assoc,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2014 Bain MJ, Stelow EA: Feline Aggression Toward Family Members, ,
Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice - Behavior: A Guide for Practition?ers. 581-597.
2014 Bain MJ, Reich M: Tail-Chasing, Fly-Swatting-What's Happening Here? (Compulsive Behaviors: I'd like to stop, but I can't), Ciribassi J, Horwitz D, (ed),
The American College of Veterinary Behaviorists present: Your dog's eye view: The truth about preventing and solving dog behavior problems, New York, NY. .
2011 Bain MJ: Housesoiling-Dogs, Tilley LP, Smith F, (ed),
Five Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline, 5th edition, Hoboken, NJ. .
2010 Bain MJ: Aggression toward unfamiliar people and animals, Horwitz D, Mills D, (ed),
BSAVA Manual of Behavioural Medicine, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom. .
2009 Bain MJ: Animal Welfare and the Effects of Behavior on the Human-Animal Bond, Beckoff M, (ed),
Encyclopedia of Animal Rights and Animal Welfare: 2nd Edition. .