Mathieu Spriet- DVM, MS
Assistant Professor of Clinical
Surgical & Radiological Sciences
101 Vet Med II
Davis, CA 95616
+1 530 752 7239
| || |
2002 DVM Veterinary Medicine, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, Lyon, France
2004 MS Clinical sciences, diagnostic imaging, University of Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Honors and Awards
2004 Pfizer research grant for graduate students, University of Montreal.
2006 Best poster presentation, International Veterinary Radiology Association (IVRA) meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
2008 Best oral presentation, European Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (EVDI) meeting, Svolvaer, Norway.
Diplomate American Collage of Veterinary Radiology
Diplomate European College of Diagnostic Imaging
Active Research Grants
Principal Investigator, Evaluation of distribution and persistence of mesenchymal stem cells in the horse foot using iron oxide particles and magnetic resonance imaging, (Principal Investigator), Center for Equine Health, UC Davis
Principal Investigator, Radiographic comparison of different volumes for regional limb perfusion of the equine distal limb, (Principal Investigator), CEH
Principal Investigator, In-vivo tracking of mesenchymal stem cells after systemic and splenic administration in healthy beagle dogs, (Principal Investigator), CCAH, UC Davis
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2012 Spriet M, Murphy B, Vallance SA, Vidal MA, Whitcomb MB, Wisner ER Magic angle magnetic resonance imaging of diode laser induced and naturally occurring lesions in equine tendons Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
- 2012 Vallance SA, Bell RJ, Spriet M, Kass PH, Puchalski SM Comparisons of computed tomography, contrast-enhanced computed tomography and standing low-field magnetic resonance imaging in horses with lameness localised to the foot. Part 2: lesion identification Equine Vet J,
- 2012 Vallance SA, Bell RJ, Spriet M, Kass PH, Puchalski SM Comparisons of computed tomography, contrast enhanced computed tomography and standing low-field magnetic resonance imaging in horses with lameness localised to the foot. Part 1: anatomic visualisation scores Equine Vet J,
- 2012 Vallance SA, Vidal MA, Whitcomb MB, Murphy BG, Spriet M, Galuppo LD Evaluation of a diode laser-induced equine superficial digital flexor tendinopathy model Am J Vet Res,
- 2011 Zwingenberger AL, Spriet M, Hunt GB Imaging diagnosis-portal vein aplasia and interruption of the caudal vena cava in three dogs Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
- 2011 Laurenson MP, Zwingenberger AL, Cissell DD, Johnson LR, McPeters MJ, Spriet MP, Taylor SL, Pollard RE Computed tomography of the pharynx in a closed vs. open mouth position Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
- 2011 Sole A, Spriet M, Galuppo LD, Padgett KA, Borjesson DL, Wisner ER, Brosnan RJ, Vidal MA Scintigraphic evaluation of intra-arterial and intravenous regional limb perfusion of allogeneic bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in the normal equine distal limb using 99mTc-HMPAO Equine Vet J,
- 2011 Vallance SA, Spriet M, Stover S Catastrophic scapular fractures in Californian racehorses: pathology, morphometry and bone density Equine Vet J,
- 2011 Spriet M, Wisner ER, Anthenill L, Buonocore MH Determination of T1 relaxation time of normal equine tendons using magic angle magnetic resonance imaging Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
- 2010 Dimock AN, Spriet M Influence of the chemical shift artifact on measurements of compact bone thickness in equine distal limb MR images Vet Radiol Ultrasound,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2012 Spriet M, Cissell DD: The magic angle effect in magnetic resonance imaging of the horse: a review, R Hagen, S Martig, ME Raw, A Zwingenberger, (ed),
EAVDI Yearbook 2012, Cambridge, United Kingdom. 1-10.