Active Research Grants
Co-Principal Investigator, Structure of the CRU, Clara Franzini-Armstrong (PI) (Principal Investigator), NIH R01
Principal Investigator, The Molecular Basis of Malignant Hyperthermia, (Principal Investigator), NIH P01
Co-Investigator, Regulation of Membrane Excitability, KG Beam (Principal Investigator), NIH R01
Most Recent 10 Publications
- 2012 Liong ML, Lim CR, Yang H, Chao S, Bong CW, Leong WS, Das PK, Loh CS, Lau BE, Yu CG, Ooi EJJ. Nam RK, Allen PD, Steele GS, Wassmann K, Richie JP, Liew CC Blood-based biomarkers of aggressive prostate cancer. PLoS ONE,
- 2012 Boncompagni S, Thomas M, Lopez JR, Allen PD, Yuan Q, Kranias EG, Franzini-Armstrong C, Perez CF Triadin/Junctin double null mouse reveals a differential role for triadin and junctin in anchoring CASQ to the jSR and regulating Ca2+ homeostasis. PLoS One,
- 2012 Altamirano F, Lopez JR, Henriquez C, Molinski T, Allen PD, Jaimovich E Increased resting intracellular calcium modulates NF-KB-dependent iNOS expression in dystrophic mdx skeletal myotubes. J Biol Chem,
- 2012 Cai WF, Pritchard T, Florea S, Lam CK, Han P, Zhou X, Yuan Q, Lehnart SE, Allen PD, Kranias EG Ablation of junctin or triadin is associated with increased cardiac injury following ischaemia/reperfusion Cardiovascular Research,
- 2012 Eltit JM, Bannister RA, Moua O, Altamirano F, Hopkins PM, Pessah IN, Molinski TF, Lopez JR, Beam KG, Allen PD Malignant hyperthermia susceptibility arising from altered resting coupling between the skeletal muscle L-type Ca2+ channel and the type 1 ryanodine receptor Proc Natl Acad Sci,
- 2011 Lopez JR, Espinosa R, Landazuru P, Linares N, Allen P, Mijares A Dysfunction of diastolic [Ca 2+] in cardiomyocytes isolated from chagasic patients Rev Esp Cardiol,
- 2011 Olojo RO, Ziman A, Hernandez-Ochoa EO, Allen PD, Schneider MF, Ward CW Mice null for Calsequestrin 1 exhibit deficits in functional performance and sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium handling PLoS ONE,
- 2011 Barrientos GC, Feng W, Truong K, Allen PD, Lopez JR, Pessah IN Gene-dose influences cellular and calcium channel dysregulation in heterozygous and homozygous T4826I-RyR1 malignant hyperthermia susceptible muscle Journal of Biologic Chemistry,
- 2011 Yuen B, Boncompagni S, Feng W, yang T, Lopez JR, Matthaei KI, Goth SR, Protasi F, Franzini-Armstrong C, Allen PD, Pessah IN Mice expressing T4826I-RYR1 are viable but exhibit sex- and genotype-dependent susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia and muscle damage FASEB J,
- 2011 Sztretye M, Yi J, Figueroa L, Zhou J, Royer L, Allen P, Brum G, Rios E Measurement of RyR permeability reveals a role of calsequestrin in termination of SR Ca2+ release in skeletal muscle J Gen Physiology,
Most Recent 5 Book Chapters
2012 Lopez JR, Allen PD: Control of resting Ca2+ concentration in skeletal muscle, ,
(eds Joseph Hill and Eric Olsen) Muscle: Fundamental Biology and Mechanisms of Disease, Oxford. 801-811.
2010 Zhou J, Allen PD, Pessah In, Naguib M: Neuromuscular Disorders and Malignant Hyperthermia, ,
(eds Ronald Miller et al) Millers Anesthesia 7th Edition, Philadelphia. 1171-1196.
2007 Allen PD, Stefani M, Tsubakihara M, Macdonald PS: Actin and its binding proteins in heart failure, ,
(eds C G dos Remedios and D Chhabra) Actin-binging proteins and disease. 318-334.
2001 Allen PD, Franzini -Armstrong C, Feliciano Protasi F: The structural basis for RyR-DHPR interactions in muscle cells, ,
(M Morad and P Kostyuk eds) NATO Sciences series I: Life and Behavioral Sciences. 14-21.
1995 Allen PD: Anesthesia for Minimally Invasive Surgery, ,
Kevin R. Loughlin and David C Brooks, Principles of Endosurgery. 54-71.