Zoetis (Formerly Pfizer) Excellence in Research Award
Each Year a faculty member of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine is honored with the Award for Research Excellence. The School's Office of Research and Graduate Education accepts nominations for consideration by the Research Committee.
The purpose of this award is to foster innovative research, on which the scientific advancement of the profession depends, by recognizing outstanding research effort and productivity.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Nominees must be members of the faculty of a College or School of Veterinary Medicine or a nationally recognized teaching research hospital.
- Nominees should be the principal investigator in research that has attained or is likely to attain national recognition. This research must have been conducted within the past three (3) years.
Procedure for Nomination and Selection:
- Any faculty member or the Research Committee may nominate a qualified candidate. The nomination will consist of a nominating statement and Curriculum Vitae.
- Email Nominations to email@example.com including a one paragraph justification (2014 call for nominations has not been released).
- The Research Committee will evaluate each nominee and submit a recommendation to the Dean.
- The award will consist of an engraved plaque and a cash award of $1,000.
- The award will be presented at the Fall Faculty Reception.
The 2013 recipient will be announced by Dean Lairmore on October 30, 2013 at the Fall Faculty Reception.