3.3. Capitalize on the large and diverse clinical caseload to support excellence in translational and clinical research
The school’s commitment to providing cutting-edge clinical knowledge and services can take further advantage of the extensive clinical caseload at the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. Through retrospective research on the vast database of cases, the establishment of a comprehensive clinical trials program, enhanced communications to clients and corporate partners regarding clinical trial opportunities, and the development of core research laboratory space as a shared resource within the hospital, the school is poised to evolve its translational and clinical research program for greater animal health advances.
a. Promote a culture that recognizes and encourages clinical and translational research.
b. Establish a comprehensive clinical trials program.
- Better communicate clinical research across the school; highlight in rounds and seminars.
- Market clinical trials to patients and referring veterinarians.
c. Develop translational research core as a shared resource within the hospital, including the following:
- Shared research lab space;
- Co-location of basic labs within clinical areas by programmatic theme;
- Network of faculty and graduate student mentors for residents; and
- Grand rounds, seminar series, onboarding procedures to align basic scientists and clinicians.
- Strategic Planning - Veterinary Clinical Trials in Action (Download pdf)
- Cutting Edge Clinical Programs (Download pdf)
- Veterinary Center for Clinical Trials impacts Download pdf
- Keeping Hearts Healthy Download pdf
- Dentistry and Oral Surgery Impacts Download pdf
- Supporting Eye Health Download pdf
- Clinical Trials Success Stories