3.1. Provide outstanding patient care in an efficient, compassionate and service-oriented manner.
Efforts to support continued excellent patient care will include planning for new clinical facilities, recruiting top clinical faculty and staff, engaging in clinical programmatic planning along species and specialty lines and reorienting operations to meet customer needs. Our clinical teams are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art care for our animal patients and compassionate service and communications for their human owners.
a. Strengthen the teaching hospital and clinical programs.
- Proactively plan for state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Rebrand the VMTH to increase public recognition and support for the role that the teaching hospital plays in education and research. (See Strategy 5.3)
- Recruit and retain top clinical faculty and staff.
- Engage in clinical programmatic planning along species and disciplinary lines.
- Reorient operations to meet market needs.
b. Explore effective models to expand the School’s clinical program outreach; consider the following:
- Community-based practices run by the School of Veterinary Medicine;
- Collaborations with outside practices;
- Joint clinics in partnership with UCDHS in outlying area for animals and people. (OneHealth);
- Clinical facility on Sacramento campus;
- Environmental consulting services in rural practice; and Expanded use of telemedicine.