Opportunities to Connect with and Recruit
UC Davis Students and Graduates
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our premier DVM students, graduates and alumni! Our students are of the highest caliber, vastly skilled with incredible work ethic, passion and drive. We know they would be value-added to your organization and an asset to your team!
There are many opportunities for recruitment! We appreciate you as a partner and hope that we can assist in promoting your recruitment needs.
VetMedJobs (summer or part-time externships, post-graduation internships and employment opportunities)
Employer service to advertise externships (summer or part-time), internships (post-graduation not listed in the VIRMP – see below) and full-time employment positions. Coordinated through our office, this online job board is offered at no charge.
Why join VetMedJobs?
- Access to UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine DVM students.
- A Free recuiting service for position posting and application collection.
- Advance notification and registration to Career Night.
- Register and post positions online at VetMedJobs.
- Listings expire on application closing date or in 90 days.
- Join our brand new Mentor Network to connect with and give back to our aspiring DVM students!
Veterinary Internship/Residency Matching Program (VIRMP)
Sponsored by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians (AAVC).
- For more information on the program or the process for participating, visit the VIRMP website.
The School of Veterinary Medicine Career & Networking Night provides DVM candidates the opportunity to network with practitioners and health care companies. Held every fall, and hosted by the Career, Leadership & Wellness Center in conjunction with the Student Chapter of the AVMA (SCAVMA), this annual event offers students the chance to build relationships and set up future externship, internship, and employment opportunities. It also exposes students to a diverse range of health care companies and vendors that serve the veterinary field and familiarizes students with the products and services they offer.
Veterinary Medicine Clubs and Organizations
The School of Veterinary Medicine has approximately 30 clubs and organizations that our students actively participate in. If you feel that your position is in alignment with or would be of interest to a particular club or organization, feel free to contact the president/officers to advertise the position among its members.
- View a listing of our clubs and organizations, and gain access to their respective websites.