Informal • Student-driven • InformationalConnect • Share • Thrive
The Career, Leadership and Wellness Center is proud to offer the Mentor Network which acts as a catalyst connecting current UC Davis DVM students to professionals in the field of veterinary medicine. This Network is a fantastic opportunity to connect our aspiring, passionate DVM students with veterinary medicine professionals who represent a wide variety of backgrounds and career options!
The Mentor Network houses the SCAVMA Faculty Mentor Program which offers a searchable database where our veterinary students can query and reach out to UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine faculty with similar interests.
Current UC Davis DVM students, registered mentors and employers in the VetMedJobs system can access the Mentor Network through VetMedJobs by clicking on the Mentor Network tab at the top.
UC Davis faculty and professionals in the field of veterinary medicine who wish to join the Mentor Network can register at
https://ucdavis-svm-csm.symplicity.com/mentors. Once registered, enter the system via VetMedJobs.
Benefits to DVM Students:
- Exposure to veterinary professions nationwide and in a variety of career fields
- Gain professional connections and expand network
- Learn from seasoned professionals
- Gain career information and clarify career goals
- Get questions answered from experts in different fields
- Connect and foster lasting relationships with veterinary professionals
Benefits to Mentors:
- On your own terms (no set timeframe/commitment, you set number of allowed contacts, start and end at any time)
- Unique approach beyond a traditional mentor program model
- Ability to foster meaningful relationships with DVM students
- Give back to current students and the veterinary profession
- Continue business education and professional development through UC Davis VBMA Chapter events
- Opportunities to attend business and social events to connect with other veterinary professionals and UC Davis DVM students.