Employer Job Posting System
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our premier DVM students, graduates and alumni! Our students are of the highest caliber, vastly skilled with incredible work ethic, passion and drive. We know they would be value-added to your organization and an asset to your team!
There are many opportunities for recruitment! We appreciate you as a partner and hope that we can assist in promoting your recruitment needs.
Aggie Job Link (summer or part-time externships, internships and post-graduation opportunities)
Employer service to advertise externships (summer or part-time), internships (post-graduation not listed in the VIRMP – see below) and full-time positions. Coordinated through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center (ICC) and offered at no charge.
- Register and post positions online.
- Listings expire on application closing date or in 90 days.
School of Veterinary Medicine Externship Database (senior year/academic externships)
Senior year externships provide off-campus work and learning opportunities for veterinary students in private and corporate practices, humane societies, governmental agencies and pharmaceutical/pet food companies.
- Please contact Linda Souza (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have externship(s) positions posted in the database.
- Senior students participating in approved externships can receive academic credit
Veterinary Internship/Residency Matching Program (VIRMP)
Sponsored by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians (AAVC).
- For more information on the program or the process for participating, visit the VIRMP website.
Each year the School of Veterinary Medicine produces a directory that introduces the graduating class to veterinary professionals. The directory is intended to bring together practitioners and future veterinarians by providing a summary of each student's career and educational focus.
- Licensed veterinarians seeking associates for their practice may access the Senior Directory online through a secured website.
- Using email information in the Directory, employers are encouraged to contact senior students directly for resumes, cover letters and/or to schedule mutually convenient interview times.
The School of Veterinary Medicine Career Night provides DVM and PhD candidates the opportunity to network with practitioners and health care companies. Hosted by the Student Chapter of the AVMA (SCAVMA), this annual event offers students the chance to build relationships and set up future externship, internship, and employment opportunities. It also exposes students to the diverse range of health care companies and vendors that serve the veterinary field and familiarize students with the products and services they offer.
- If you are veterinary practice or a company representative interested in attending or learning more about Career Night, please visit http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/clubs/scavma/careernight/index.cfm.
Veterinary Medicine Specialty Clubs and Organizations
The School of Veterinary Medicine has approximately 35 clubs and organizations that our students actively participate in.
If you feel that your position is in alignment with or would be of interest to a particular club or organization, feel free
to contact the president/officers to advertise the position among its members.
- View a listing of our active clubs and organizations, and gain access to their respective websites.