Epidemiology programs focus on herd and flock health, including diagnosis, control, prevention, and eradication of diseases and other constraints that impact health and productivity of populations, and that diminish the quality of food produced.
Speciality areas include:
- Disease reporting and surveillance systems
- Information management
- Development of diagnostic technologies
- Diagnostic test dependence and correlation
- Population diagnostic patholoy and immunology
- Technology for managing flock health
- Survival analysis and epidemiologic modeling
- Production health economics and risk analysis
Research areas include:
VME - Sturgeon Neosporosis, bovine viral diarrhea, footwarts, scrapie, brucellosis in sheep and goats, RB-51 vaccine, salmonellosis in cattle and poultry, infectious bronchitis, fetal health of sheep, goats, and cattle, racehorse injury, viral diseases of sturgeon, and vectorborne diseases.