External plates for AB 7900
- Only ONE RNA plate overall can be signed up per day. Researchers need to call in advance to make sure the machine is available. Plates are run overnight, therefore if the machine is busy and plate is submitted without prior notification - we will be happy to run it, but your RNA will be degrading while sitting at room temperature until other plates already in the machine finish first. Researchers must obtain permission from technician to run a second plate.
- Number of DNA plates per day is unlimited.
- Please bring your plate by 3:00pm. We cannot extend our working hours while waiting for incoming plates. Plates will not be accepted on Fridays or a day before a university holiday.
- Our machine is calibrated with 384-well plates - AB 4309849. We do not accept 96-well plates. Using different 384-well plates puts your results at risk for inaccurate readings. Plates need to be sealed with an Applied Biosystems MicroAmp Optical Adhesive Film (P/N 4311971).
- Do not attempt to start the machine yourself, our technicians will queue your plates.
- Make sure to thoroughly label your plates with a PI's last name and if submitting more than one plate, include the plate number, seal your plates tightly, and tear the optical adhesive at the perforated edges.
- For modified protocols please check "other" and clearly state cycling conditions to be used (either typed in DIFFERENT COLOR FONT or handwritten). Plates with slightly modified protocols must have the change highlighted or circled.
- If a reaction volume different than 12 ul is used, please indicate it on the submission form.
- SDS files with results are available for download from our website the next day. To obtain the results please follow the link http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vme/taqmanservice/(YOUR PI'S LAST NAME).html
- SDS result files will be removed from the website after one month.
Please download and complete all information on External Run Sheet (Incomplete External Run Sheet(s) may cause your plate not to be run)