UC Davis Veterinary Medicine News Special Edition, Fall 1998
After news about our accreditation status broke, we received many calls expressing concern and a desire to help the School of Veterinary Medicine meet current challenges.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Contact your legislators. Tell them you want their support for public veterinary education at the University of California. Phone numbers for your state senator and assembly member can be found in the state government section of your telephone book.
2. Tell people about the incredible breadth of veterinary medicine and how the profession serves all Californians: animal lovers, consumers of food animal products, public health officials, wildlife stewards, food safety agencies, and others. Several examples are included on pages 3 and 4.
3. Visit the school Web site, http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu, for more information regarding school programs.
4. Share this edition of Veterinary Medicine News with friends and ask them to pass it on. Call (530) 752-1524 and we'll gladly send you additional copies. Veterinary Medicine News is also available on the World Wide Web at the URL above.
5. Learn more about the 50th Anniversary Campaign to underwrite excellence in veterinary education. Contact the Office of Development at (530) 752-7024.
Thank you for your ongoing support!