Application for 2014-2015 VMTH Residency Program
Instructions for programs NOT participating in VIRMP.
Complete all information requested on this application. PLEASE NOTE : Foreign nationals must be eligible for a J1 visa with no bars or home country requirement.
- Arrange to have an official transcript of your professional (veterinary) coursework sent to the House Officer Program Coordinator. (If from a foreign school, please provide an English translation).
- A Curriculum Vitae with your picture is required.
- Letter of Intent. Attach separate sheets on which you describe your professional goals and what you expect from a residency.
- Request references from at least three sources (written in English) but not more than four, two of whom must be your clinical instructors. We will not initiate requests for references. (Letters may be sent via email to email@example.com)
- THE DEADLINES FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging (TBA), Ophthalmology (TBA), Lab Animal/Primate Medicine (TBA), Dairy Production Medicine (TBA), CAHFS (see website). For all other programs, the application deadline is December 8, 2014.
Send residency application and all supporting materials to: Preferred Method - email all materials to: House Officer Program Coordinator (Please put name of program in subject line) or
by post to: Diana Gomez, VMTH, One Garrod Dr., Davis, CA 95616-8747.
Dairy Production Medicine applications to: Staci Slaght, VMTRC, 18830 Road 112 Tulare, CA 93274 (559) 688-1731.
CAHFS Residencies: Administrative Office California Animal Health & Food Safety School of Veterinary Medicine Davis, CA 95616 Voice: (530) 752-8709 Fax: (530) 752-5680.
Laboratory Animal/Primate Medicine: Applicants interested in Laboratory Animal/Primate Medicine only should contact: Dr. Laurie Brignolo at CLAS or Dr. Kari Christe at CNPRC. Laboratory Animal/Primate Medicine residency applicants please see website for application instructions.
The beginning date for most programs is August 1. Laboratory Animal/Primate Medicine is a 29 month program with start dates of December 1, and July 1.
- This form may also be used to apply for the residency positions that are being offered by the California Animal Health & Food Safety Laboratory System (CAHFS). Please submit applications and inquiries to the appropriate address/telephone number listed above.
- Behavior, Comparative Theriogenology, Dairy Production Medicine, Lab Animal/Primate Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Radiology do not participate in the matching program.
- Please consult the detailed residency description for further information regarding each program.