Application for 2015-2016 VMTH Residency Program
Instructions for programs NOT participating in VIRMP.
Complete all information requested on this application. PLEASE NOTE : Foreign nationals must be eligible for a J1 visa with no bars or home country requirement.
- Arrange to have an official transcript of your professional (veterinary) coursework sent to the House Officer Program Coordinator. (If from a foreign school, please provide an English translation).
- A Curriculum Vitae with your picture is required.
- Letter of Intent. Attach separate sheets on which you describe your professional goals and what you expect from a residency.
- Request references from at least three sources (written in English) but not more than four, two of whom must be your clinical instructors. We will not initiate requests for references. (Letters may be sent via email to the House Officer Program Coordinator at email@example.com)
- THE DEADLINES FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - October 24, 2014; Ophthalmology - November 7, 2014; Comparative Theriogenology - November 3, 2014; CAHFS (see website). For all other programs, the application deadline is December 8, 2014. Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology do not require this application form.
Send residency application and all supporting materials (Preferred Method) by email to: House Officer Program Coordinator (Please put name of program in subject line)
by post to: Diana Gomez, VMTH, One Garrod Dr., Davis, CA 95616-8747.
Transcripts must be sent directly from the School electronically or by post. You may send unofficial copies with your application, but the selection committee may request official transcripts before making a resident selection. Letters of Reference must be sent directly from the referee by email, on letterhead, and signed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAHFS Residencies: Administrative Office, California Animal Health & Food Safety, School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA 95616. Voice: (530) 752-8709 Fax: (530) 752-5680.
The beginning date for most programs is August 1.
- This form may also be used to apply for the residency positions that are being offered by the California Animal Health & Food Safety Laboratory System (CAHFS). Please submit applications and inquiries to the appropriate address/telephone number listed above.
- Behavior, Comparative Theriogenology, Ophthalmology, and Radiology do not participate in the matching program.
- Please consult the detailed residency description for further information regarding each program.