In an effort to provide more information and easier navigation online, the California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System (CAHFS) has updated its Web site.
New information now available on the site includes a "What's New" page, recent issues of the quarterly publication Lab Notes, a PDF version of the annual report, instructions on completing submission forms, instructions on shipping samples to CAHFS, a list of CAHFS job opportunities and more.
Continuing features have been reorganized to provide easier access to information.
The system is a partnership of the School of Veterinary Medicine, the California Department of Food and Agriculture, and members of California's animal agriculture industry, including food animal veterinarians. Five regional laboratories in Davis, Turlock, Fresno, Tulare and San Bernardino provide the diagnostic laboratory support service for:
- Livestock and poultry disease control
- Enhancement of livestock and poultry health management
- Ensuring the safety of foods of animal origin
- Protection from diseases common to animals and humans
- Equine health and performance
- Recognition and dissemination of new knowledge