California Animal Emergency Response System Holds Stakeholder Workshops in Davis and San Diego
California Animal Emergency Response System (CARES)
2010 Statewide Stakeholder Workshops
DATES & TIMES
• August 17, 2010 at UC San Diego (Skaggs School of Pharmacy, UC San Diego)
• August 19, 2010 at UC Davis (Gladys Valley Hall, Davis, CA)
Time: 8-9 am Check In; Workshop 9-5 pm. The same content is presented at both workshop locations.
The workshops are free, but registration is required.
Please register no later than Aug. 12, 2010.
WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?
Cal EMA and CDFA (CA Dept. of Food and Agriculture) have combined efforts in cooperation with IAWTI (International Animal Welfare Training Institute) at UC Davis Veterinary Hospital to develop guidance, and promote animal emergency response efforts throughout the State of California. The consideration is to establish CART (County Animal Response Teams) in each jurisdiction, and incorporate the animal component so that each county will become CARES compliant.
We encourage your participation at one of these meetings. Four "pilot" jurisdictions will be showcased on how animals in disaster have been incorporated into their planning. These counties include: San Diego, Butte, Santa Clara and Fresno.
The meeting will provide an overview of the CARES (California Animal Response Emergency System) strategic planning, goals and objectives.
There will be two afternoon tracks to include:
1. Review and discussion of the CARES Concept of Operations and the EF-11 Annex to the State Emergency Plan
2. Educational Sessions/Workshops
• Disaster Service Worker - DSW Roles & Liabilities of volunteers
• Emergency Operation Plans - EOP Considerations for writing your county plans
• Non-Governmental Organizations - NGO's How to get established and partner in your communities
• Public Information Officers - PIO How to inform and educate the community and the media
• Emergency Animal Shelter Assessment - Prior to the "disaster" planning
• Veterinary Emergency Response Teams & Veterinary Medical Assistant Teams - VERT and VMAT Roles & Responsibilities of the Veterinarian
There will be a "hot wash" discussion to conclude the workshop.
REGISTER NOW! Space is limited
• Click here to register or visit http://cares.eventbrite.com/
** The same content is presented at both workshop locations.
LeAnn Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org
California Emergency Management Agency | 3650 Schriever Avenue | State Emergency Operations Center | Mather | CA | 95655
Tracey Stevens, email@example.com
International Animal Welfare Training Institute, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA 95616