September 6, 2012
Information on fees, syllabus and more animal health topics is available at http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/CE/small_animal/practitioners_seminar.cfm
Click here for full detailed brochure with registration form (pdf)
Veterinarians and animal health technicians are cordially invited to the Fourth Annual UC Davis Veterinary Practitioners Seminar, Sunday, October 7, 2012. The event takes place at the University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, California.
Participants may choose from three tracks offered in Small Animal Medicine, Equine Medicine and Livestock Medicine, and a live webinar option is available for the small animal and equine programs.
Each program contains presentations on contemporary veterinary topics designed to serve veterinarians seeking professional development and new opportunities for advancing veterinary care. Up to eight CE credits may be earned at the one-day seminar.
Small animal topics include the following examples:
- Current Topics in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Practical Interpretation of Antibiotic Susceptibility Panels
- Feline Allergies: Atopic Dermatitis, Food and Fleas
The equine program consists of three in-depth sessions:
- Equine Dental and Sinus Disease
- New Developments in Equine Infectious Disease and Biosecurity
- Neurology and Foal Restraint
In livestock medicine,special topics include:
- Health Strategies for Organic Livestock
- Recommendations in Colostrum Feeding Practices in Dairy Calves
- Urolithiasis: Diagnosis, Management and Prognosis
- Use of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatories in Ruminants: Comparison of Meloxicam and Flunixin Meglumine for Pain Management During Branding and Castration
The meeting is hosted by faculty members of the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital.
The school wishes to thank Pfizer Animal Health, Dechra Veterinary Products and Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica for their sponsorship of this continuing education opportunity.