Application for 2021-2022 VMTH Residency Program
Instructions for programs NOT participating in VIRMP.
Complete all information requested on this application. PLEASE NOTE : Foreign nationals must be eligible for a J1 visa with no bars or home country requirement. Also, While the hospital will initially pay the cost of the VISA application fee, you will be expected to reimburse the hospital upon your acceptance and arrival in your new house officer position. Information for Foreign Applicants
- Arrange to have an official transcript of your professional (veterinary) coursework sent to the House Officer Program Coordinator, Corey Vermilion (email@example.com). (If from a foreign school, please provide an English translation).
- Please sent a letter of intent, in which you describe your professional goals and what you expect from a residency along with a current curriculum vita to the House Officer Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please request letters of references from at least three, but not more than four people. At least two of the letters should come from clinical instructors or people who have worked with you in a clinical setting. Letters should be sent from the referee directly to the House Officer Program Coordinator at (email@example.com). Please note that we will not initiate requests for references.
- Foreign nationals should be eligible for a J1 scholar visa (and at the time of application not be subject to holds, bars or in-country rules) or for Canadian/ Mexican citizens eligible for a TN visa. We will NOT pursue other visa categories. Candidates will be expected to pay for their visa fees. The offer of a residency may be withdrawn if written evidence of a visa is not provided by July 1, 2021.
Applicants where English is not the primary spoken language will be required to submit TOEFL scores. Please see here for TOEFL submission instructions and minimum scores https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/education/internships-residencies/foreign-applicants
THE DEADLINES FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE AS FOLLOWS: RADIOLOGY/DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING: 11-05-21
Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology do not require this application form.
Send residency application and all supporting materials (Preferred Method) by email to: House Officer Program Coordinator (Please put name of program in subject line)
by post to: Corey Vermilion, VMTH, One Garrod Dr., Davis, CA 95616-8747.
Transcripts must be sent directly from the School electronically or by post. You may send unofficial copies with your application, but the selection committee may request official transcripts before making a resident selection. Letters of Reference must be sent directly from the referee by email, on letterhead, and signed to Corey Vermilion. Please include the name of the service applying to in the subject line along with your name.
CAHFS Residencies: Administrative Office, California Animal Health & Food Safety Laboratory System, School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA 95616. Voice: (530) 752-8709 Fax: (530) 752-5680.
The beginning date for most programs is August 1.
- This form may also be used to apply for the residency positions that are being offered by the California Animal Health & Food Safety Laboratory System (CAHFS). Please submit applications and inquiries to the appropriate address/telephone number listed above.
- Please consult the detailed residency description for further information regarding each program.