Race track post on campus

Campus Paintshop Preserves Racetrack History at Maddy Lab

The black-and-white-striped poles around the outside of the School of Veterinary Medicine’s Maddy Equine Lab are once again fit for the Sport of Kings. The poles are 1/16-mile markers from the Tanforan Racetrack, which operated from 1899 to 1963 in San Bruno, just south of San Francisco. Campus’ Building Maintenance Services’ Paint Shop recently refurbished these artifacts of California's horse racing history.

Read more from UC Davis News

Primary Category