UC Davis William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
Welcome to the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at the University of California, Davis, a unit of the #1 ranked School of Veterinary Medicine. The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge, modern technology and services, allowing our board-certified faculty veterinarians to provide the best care possible and continue to be innovators of the some of the latest advancements in veterinary medicine, all while training the next generation of general practitioners and veterinary specialists.
At the UC Davis veterinary hospital, our cultural journey toward excellence is achieved by adhering to these five pillars of success:
- Pursue Excellence – We take risks, innovate, and create opportunities for improvement.
- Trusted Dialogue – We create an open, constructive, and respectful exchange of ideas among all team members.
- One Team – We communicate and cooperate to create a united, passionate team.
- Value People – We acknowledge individual efforts and strengths to empower our success.
- Realize Our Vision – We embrace and integrate all teaching, clinical, and research contributions to transform lives through compassionate care.
The UC Davis veterinary hospital is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association, the only organization to accredit companion animal veterinary hospitals. AAHA-accredited hospitals are recognized among the finest in the industry because they voluntarily choose to be evaluated on more than 900 quality standards that go above and beyond state regulations, ranging from patient care and pain management to staff training and advanced diagnostic services. Less than 15% of animal hospitals in the United States and Canada achieve AAHA accreditation.
Beyond the main hospital on the Davis campus, the SVM also has two satellite clinical facilities: