UC Davis Diversity Initiatives
The University of California "seeks to achieve diversity among its student bodies and among its employees." The statement goes on to say, "diversity should also be integral to the University's achievement of excellence." We welcome you to view the University of California's Diversity Statement in its entirety.
UC Davis Office of Campus Community Relations
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is to ensure the attention to those components of the campus community that affect community, campus climate, diversity and inclusiveness. There are many resources available through the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, including diversity education, resources and events. The successful conduct of the university's affairs requires that every member of the university community acknowledge and practice The Principles of Community.
UC Davis Strategic Plan
UC Davis’ strategic plan, “To Boldly Go,” outlines the aspirations and methods for guiding the university to new heights of distinction over the next 10 years. It contains five goals:
- Provide an educational experience that prepares all of our students to address the needs and challenges of a diverse and changing world.
- Enable and support research that matters at the frontiers of knowledge, across and between the disciplines, in support of a healthy planet and the physical and societal well-being of its inhabitants.
- Embrace diversity, practice inclusive excellence and strive for equity. Make UC Davis a place of excellence for learning and working by supporting a culture that values the contributions and aspirations of all our students, staff and faculty; promotes wellness and a culture of sustainability; and cultivates the open interchange of ideas.
- Support our community, region, state, nation and world through mutually beneficial and impactful partnerships that reflect a firm commitment to our mission and increase the visibility and reputation of the university.
- Create an intellectual and physical environment that supports the development of an innovative and entrepreneurial culture that extends the benefits of our research activities beyond the boundaries of the university.
UC Davis Diversity Resources
UC Davis has a comprehensive website that lists available Diversity Resources, including the monthly "For Your Information" Newsletter that provides campus-wide updates on diversity, equity and inclusion news, resources and events.