Maurice Ernest Pitesky
Associate Specialist in Cooperative Extension
Population Health & Reproduction
- Application of classic and spatial epidemiology in disease surveillance, food safety management, and other processes associated with poultry health.
- Application of computational linguists in the spatio-temporal relationship of poultry diseases
- Interface of science and policy with respect to food safety and public health.
- Application of 'One-Health' principles with respect to domestic poultry, wildlife, the environment, and food safety.
- Utilizing Next Generation Sequencing to understand bacterial pathogenicity
- Collaboration, communication, and outreach with stakeholders including commercial and backyard owners.
Ramsubeik S, Jerry C, Crossley B, Armién AG, Rejmanek D, Pitesky M, Shivaprasad HL, Stoute S
Analysis of diagnostic cases of turkey viral enteritis in commercial turkey poults in California
Gendreau J, Ramsubeik S, Pitesky M^
Web crawling of social media and related web platforms to analyze backyard poultry owners responses to the 2018–2020 Newcastle Disease (ND) outbreak in Southern California.
McDuie F, Matchett EL, Prosser DJ, Takekawa JY, Pitesky ME, Lorenz AA, McCuen MM, T OC, Ackerman JT, De La Cruz SEW, Casazza ML
Pathways for avian influenza virus spread: GPS reveals wild waterfowl in commercial livestock facilities and connectivity with the natural wetland landscape.
Acosta S, Chen R, Nhemaphuki S, Khanal D, Cadena M, Pitesky M, Erbstein N, Niemeier D
Assessing a pilot co-operative-based workshop-subsidy model toward improving small-scale chicken production in peri-urban Nepal.
Lee KY, Atwill ER, Pitesky M, Huang A, Lavelle K, Rickard M, Shafii M, Hung-Fan M, Li X
Antimicrobial Resistance Profiles of Non-typhoidal Salmonella From Retail Meat Products in California, 2018.
Dwight I, Coates P, Stoute S, Pitesky M
Health surveillance of a potential bridge host: Pathogen exposure risks posed to avian populations augmented with captive-bred pheasants
Acosta S, Kelman T, Feirer S, Matchett E, Smolinsky J, Pitesky M, Buler J
Using the California Waterfowl Tracker to Assess Proximity of Waterfowl to Commercial Poultry in the Central Valley of California.
Cadena MM, Kelman T, Pitesky M, Dutch RS, Tell LA
Assessing Backyard Poultry Versus Small Animal Knowledge of Veterinary Students Regarding Husbandry, Prescription Drug Use, and Antimicrobial Resistance.
Ramsubeik S, Stoute S, Shivaprasad HL, Mete A, Pitesky M^
A Retrospective Study to Identify Concomitant Pathogens in Mycoplasma gallisepticum Positive Commercial Turkeys and the Development of a Predictive Model of Mycoplasma gallisepticum Serologic Status
McCuen MM, Pitesky ME, Buler JJ, Acosta S, Wilcox AH, Bond RF, Díaz-Muñoz SL
A comparison of amplification methods to detect Avian Influenza viruses in California wetlands targeted via remote sensing of waterfowl