MAKE AN IMPACT
As a graduate of UC Davis School of Vet Med, there are several ways to engage and show your aggie pride, from volunteering or mentoring current students to serving on a committee or attending various alumni events. The Alumni Engagement team serves and engages our 5,000+ living alumni across the country, creating events and content that foster mutually beneficial relationships and increase pride among all our graduates.
Interested in Becoming a Class Ambassador?
What is a Class Ambassador?
Class Ambassadors are volunteers whose passion for the UC Davis School of Vet Med calls them to lead and encourage their classmates to be involved in activities and events that further the SVM's mission of advancing the health of animals, people, and the planet. Class ambassadors empower their fellow classmates to give back with their time, talent, and treasure, providing hundreds of students the opportunity to finish vet school and contributing to the culture of academic excellence and pride for the UC Davis School of Vet Med. If you're interested in making an impact as a Class Ambassador, read below for more information on the roles and responsibilities.
What are the Roles of a Class Ambassador?
- Liaisons: You will serve as a megaphone for event invitations and important school announcements. You will inform classmates about current issues and give feedback to the Alumni Relations Team on alumni interests, concerns, and news. While Ambassadors do this differently, we suggest creating a Facebook group or sending out MailChimp or e-newsletter.
- Storytellers: Class Ambassadors help their class stay connected by collecting newsworthy information from their classmates that could be published in the Alumni Newsletter or Synergy Magazine. We also encourage collecting pictures and stories of exciting events like weddings, newborns, etc.
- Leaders: Class Ambassadors encourage their classmates to be involved in alumni activities and events such as reunions and conference receptions. They also help build community among the class by organizing informal get-togethers and creating a medium for encouragement and general support.
- Fundraisers: Class Ambassadors encourage their classmates to give a gift annually 3x per year. Typically this takes place in December, the end of the calendar and tax year. April, UC Davis Give Day. And June, the end of the UCD/SVM fiscal year. In addition, we encourage Class Ambassadors to organize a class campaign towards an area of interest at the SVM or establish a scholarship to support current SVM students in need. Classes have the option to establish a forever impact (endowment) or cash gifts for current use.
If you're interested in becoming a class ambassador or are currently a class ambassador and would like to discuss other ways to be involved, please email Edrick at email@example.com.
Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
Get involved and Make an Impact
The Alumni Relations team is hard at work developing new volunteer programs for Alumni desiring to give back and make an impact with their time and talent.
- White Coat Notes
- Nominate yourself or a friend for Alumni Spotlight in the alumni newsletter
- Volunteerism: Contact Kristy Peterson, Senior Director of Alumni Relations & Special Events
Alumni Class Ambassador
Alumni Mentorship Program
Alumni Awards Committee
G.O.L.D (Graduates of the Last Decade)