Congratulations to Dr. Lehenbauer, director of the Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center, on receiving the 2020 American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) Award of Excellence during the 53rd AABP Annual Conference this fall.
This award was established in 1989 and is given annually by the AABP Board of Directors. Candidates for the award must be a member who is nominated from teaching, research, industry or government areas. The nominee's professional activities must have had a consistent and direct influence on daily activities of veterinarians in bovine practice. Lehenbauer is honored for his:
- Contributions to continuing education for bovine practitioners.
- Active participation in organized veterinary medicine and/or specialty boards.
- Relationship with and contributions to the bovine industry.
- Publications that have had a significant impact on the practice of bovine medicine in the past two years.
- Regulatory or legislative activities during the past two years that have enhanced the practice of bovine medicine.