The Microsurgery Core is located in 2206F Tupper Hall.
For appointments and further information, please contact Dr. Yi-Je (Jay) Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services Provided at the Microsurgery Core (MSC):
MSC will provide professional microsurgery services or procedures for genetic or created rodent models. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- vascular or non-vascular implants (blood pressure telemetry, infusion pump and vascular access port...etc.)
- soft tissue procedures (adrenalectomy, 5/6 nephrectomy and splenectomy…etc.)
- neurological procedures (microdialysis probe implantation, middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO), and 3rd ventricular cannulation…etc.)
- cardiovascular procedures (left coronary artery ligation, transverse aortic constriction (TAC) and thoracic aortic banding…etc)
- device implants, and customized procedures
The MSC will also provide training courses for microsurgery in rodents.
Equipment available at the MSC:
- Carl Zeiss Surgical microscopes x 2
- Leica Portable Surgical microscope
- Small animal and rodent anesthesia machine
- Bipolar micro-cauterizer
- Laser Doppler Velocimetry
- Rodent Ventilator
- Digital recording and demonstration system
- Complete instrument sets for general or microsurgery
- Water circulating heating system