Fed Ex and UPS shipping program Information
Reduced Rate Fed Ex and UPS Shipping Program
- Who is eligible?
- Any veterinarians and veterinary clinics in the U.S. interested in submitting samples to the Endocrinology Laboratory are invited to participate in the FedEx/UPS reduced rate program.
- How much does it cost?
Enrollment is free. We will charge a flat rate of $27 per package for Fed Ex, and $30 for UPS, with increases in increments of $5 for heavy boxes (typically greater than 7lbs) or lighter boxes with large dimensions, as determined by FedEx or UPS.
*Prices are based on FedEx and UPS billing and are subject to change without notice.
- What type of shipping level does this include?
- This rate is for Fed Ex Priority overnight shipping, or UPS next day air.
- Where can I send packages?
We will only generate return labels addressed to the Clinical Endocrinology Laboratory at 3230 VM3B, 1089 Veterinary Medicine Drive, UC Davis.
Packages meant for other UC Davis labs such as CAHFS, the Clinical Lab Services at the Vet Teaching Hospital, Real-time PCR Core Facility, or the Veterinary Genetics Lab which are sent using this label are not guaranteed delivery, and you will still be charged for the shipment.
- How do I receive return labels?
After you return your enrollment form, we will contact you to see if you would like a UPS or Fed Ex label. When you need to ship us a package, email or phone us with your clinic name, and we will provide you with a shipping label by fax or email, according to the address you have on file. Please contact us 24 hours in advance to provide adequate response time.
Customers who regularly need labels can be issued a password and link to generate their own. They will be expected to pay their fees using a credit card, or via the online payment link.
- How am I charged?
We will charge the credit card number provide on the submission form for test fees. We no longer keep credit cards on file for enrollment. A second option is to pay online at our website for a Fed Ex or UPS shipping label, then call our lab to issue one.
Customers who don’t pay their shipping fees will not receive test results.
- Why do you only accept credit cards and not billing
- Our lab is set up to accept credit cards as the primary form of payment. We do not share billing resources with other clinical labs at UC Davis. Our department doesn’t have the infrastructure in place to bill hundreds of clients monthly.
- When do you receive packages?
- Packages should be sent Monday through Thursday only. We are not open on Saturday or Sunday, so overnight packages shipping Friday will be held at the shipping facility until Monday. This may compromise specimen quality. Do not ship samples to arrive on weekends and holidays.