FedEx Shipping Program Information
Reduced Rate Fed Ex Shipping Program
- Who is eligible?
- Any veterinarians and veterinary clinics in the U.S. interested in submitting samples to the Clinical Endocrinology Laboratory are invited to participate in the new FedEx Reduced Rate Program.
- How much does it cost?
- Enrollment is free. We will charge a flat rate of $25 per package, with increases in increments of $5 for heavy boxes (typically greater than 7lbs) or lighter boxes with large dimensions, as determined by FedEx. *Prices are based on FedEx billing and are subject to change without notice.
- What type of shipping level does this include?
- This rate is for Fed Ex Priority overnight shipping. Fed Ex First Overnight is highly expensive and unnecessary.
- Where can I send packages?
- We will only generate return labels addressed to the Clinical Endocrinology Laboratory at: 3230 VM3B, 1089 Veterinary Medicine Drive, UC Davis.
Packages meant for other UC Davis labs such as CAHFS, the Clinical Lab Services at the Vet Teaching Hospital, Real-time PCR Core Facility, or the Veterinary Genetics Lab which are sent using this label are not guaranteed delivery, and you will still be charged for the shipment.
- How do I receive return labels?
- After you return your enrollment form, we will call you for a credit card number and authorization to keep it on file. When you need to ship us a package, email or phone us with your clinic name, and we will provide you with a shipping label by fax or email, according to the address you have on file. Please contact us 24 hours in advance to provide adequate response time.
- How am I charged?
- Enrollment requires that you have a credit card number on file with us. We will send you an itemized invoice monthly when we review our Fed Ex account, then we will charge your card on file for shipping charges.
- Why do you only accept credit cards and not billing
- Our lab is set up to accept credit cards as the primary form of payment. We do not share billing resources with other clinical labs at UC Davis. Our department doesn’t have the infrastructure in place to bill hundreds of clients monthly.
- When do you receive packages?
- Packages should be sent Monday through Thursday only. We are not open on Saturday or Sunday, so overnight Fed Ex packages shipping Friday will be held at the Fed Ex facility until Monday. This may compromise specimen quality.