Emerging Pandemic Threats Program 2 PREDICT-2
- One Health Institute Faculty, including:
- OHI Faculty (Tracey Goldstein (co-PI)
- Christine Kreuder Johnson (co-PI)
- Woutrina Smith
- Kirsten Gilardi
- Brian Bird
- One Health Institute staff led by David Wolking, Elizabeth Leasure & Matt Blake.
- Full participant list here.
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
New Award this quarter - $11,600,000
The overall 5-year award is $138.4M.
PREDICT enables global surveillance of pathogens that can spillover from animal hosts to people by building capacities to detect and discover viruses of pandemic potential. The project is part of USAID’s Emerging Pandemic Threats program and is led by the UC Davis One Health Institute.
In addition to UCD Vet Med, the core partners are USAID, EcoHealth Alliance, Metabiota, Wildlife Conservation Society, and Smithsonian Institution working with universities, NGOs, and ministries of health, agriculture, and environment in 35 countries.