Opportunities to Connect with and Recruit UC Davis Students and Alumni
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our premier DVM students, graduates and alumni! Our students are of the highest caliber, vastly skilled with incredible work ethic, passion and drive. We know they would be value-added to your organization and an asset to your team!
There are many opportunities for recruitment! We appreciate you as a partner and hope that we can assist in promoting your recruitment needs.
VetMedJobs (summer or part-time externships, post-graduation internships and employment opportunities)
Employer service to advertise externships (summer or part-time), internships (post-graduation not listed in the VIRMP – see below) and full-time employment positions. Coordinated through our office, this online job board is offered at no charge.
Why join VetMedJobs?
- Ability to advertise to UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine DVM students and alumni.
- It’s a free recruiting service for posting positions and collecting application materials.
- Advance notification and registration to UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine events.
- It offers a Mentor Network to connect with and give back to our aspiring DVM students!
If interested, register and post positions online at VetMedJobs. Listings expire on application closing date or in 90 days.
Veterinary Internship/Residency Matching Program (VIRMP)
Sponsored by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians (AAVC).
- For more information on the program or the process for participating, visit the VIRMP website.
Career Fairs and Related Events
The School of Veterinary Medicine provides DVM candidates the opportunity to network with practitioners and hospital administrators. Virtual career fairs, On-campus Interview Days, Speed Networking and other events are held throughout the year. These events offer students the chance to network, build relationships and obtain future externship, internship, and employment opportunities.
Veterinary Medicine Clubs and Organizations
The School of Veterinary Medicine has over 40 clubs and organizations that our students actively participate in. If you feel that your employment opportunity is in alignment with or would be of interest to a particular club or organization, feel free to contact the president/officers to advertise the position among its members.
- View a listing of our clubs and organizations, and gain access to their respective websites.