Office of Research and Graduate Education
The SVM Office of Research and Graduate Education is a service unit within the School of Veterinary Medicine which assists faculty, graduate and veterinary students and research staff with their research programs. Services provided by our office include assisting in identifying sources of funding for both extramural and intramural research, as well as providing advice on the preparation and submission of application materials.
NIH Data Sharing Policy
The NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing (DMS) became effective January 25, 2023.
- Applicants must submit a Data Management and Sharing plan as part of the funding request. The plan must outline how their scientific data and accompanying documentation will be managed and shared
- Applicant must comply with the approved DMS plan
- Maximize the appropriate sharing of scientific data generated from NIH-funded or conducted research in the plan, with justified limitations or exceptions
- NIH has created an excellent resource on Data Sharing Repositories
- UC Davis also has resources for Data Sharing
For more details about the new data management and data sharing policy, read the NIH Scientific Data Sharing one page guide: The Who, What, Where and When of the NIH Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy (PDF).
Additional information can be found here.