Announcements & Events
International Travel Requests
Please refer to the International Travel page here.
If you have an event you would like to promote, please contact Dr. Paulina Crook at email@example.com
For Rx One Health updates, please visit the RxOH page.
2022 Global Programs Student Presentations
Thursday September 15, 2022
4:30pm - 6:00pm
1020 Valley Hall
2021 Global Programs Student Presentations - Thursday September 16, 2021
(Posted by Trina Wood):
"Global travel may still be restricted in certain areas of the world, but that didn’t keep UC Davis veterinary students in Global Programs externships and fellowships from exploring professional opportunities this past summer. They presented their videos and took the audience on trips to Uganda, South Africa and Canada. Some students worked remotely with colleagues in Mozambique, Tanzania, and Bolivia and shared their experiences and challenges of conducting research closer to home.
Thanks to the donors who made these research opportunities possible!
2020 Global Programs Day - Thursday September 17, 2020
- Noon Seminar: Pathways to Advance Veterinary Medicine and Address Societal Needs
- 12:10 - 1:00 pm
- Pat Conrad, DVM, PhD - Associate Dean for Global Programs and Co-Director, UC Global Health Institute
- Panelists: Biosketches
Jonna Mazet, DVM, MPVM, PhD - Professor of Epidemiology and Disease Ecology, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medince and Director, One Health Workforce-Next Generation, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Emerging Threats Division
Tyrell Kahan, DVM, MPD, DACVPM - Livestock Research Advisor, Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAISD
Robyn Stoddard, DVM, PhD - Microbiologist, Bacterial Special Pathogens Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 12:10 - 1:00 pm
- Presentations: SVM Students Around the World: Navigating COVID-19 Challenges
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm
2019 Global Programs Day - Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Lunch Seminar: Are You Culturally Aware? The Importance of Cultural Awareness for Veterinarians in Today's Global World
- 12:10 – 1:00 pm, 1020 Valley Hall
- Dinner and Presentations: SVM Students Around the World
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm, 1020 Valley Hall
- More information here (PDF)