Radiographs, or x-ray studies, use a very short burst of x-rays to create an image of the body. The VMTH is equipped with digital radiography systems that capture the radiograph without the use of film. Radiographs are used to diagnose disease in the chest, abdomen and musculoskeletal system. X-rays are the oldest and most frequently used form of veterinary medical imaging.
Radiography is used for:
• Evaluating the cause of lameness
• Detecting and characterizing fractures
• Identifying arthritis
• Evaluating lungs and heart
• Investigating teeth and paranasal sinuses
• Looking for ingested sand or enteroliths as a cause of colic